• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

What the heck is a fatty?

Thanks for the suggestions. I kinda figured it would be like you guys said - it's all a matter of preference.

If I have room, maybe I'll slap a fattie on with the brisket I'm intending to cook this weekend. There are no problems using oak for sausage, right?

You won't regret it Steeb. I just cooked my first fatty weekend before last and it was awesome eating. At least what little I had of it.
The wife was on the phone earlier tonight with one of her friends and I overheard her talking about that cook, the fatty and how it was, "The best damn sausage she ever ate."

There are two waiting for tomorrow's cook. Pictures pending...
Maybe I'll get more than a bite or two this time.

Good luck with your first brisket.

behold the power of the smoked fattie!
:shock:
2feb07_3-002.jpg

Steeb and Rick's Tropical Delight go over to cattle call and introduce yourselves

Ok! I promised pics so here they are.

http://picasaweb.google.com/2buckets/42807Cook?authkey=MCZ-wi58R4Q

I got called to work yesterday afternoon so I kind of over cooked the bird legs. Everything else was great and I got some of a fatty for lunch today.:lol:
The ABT's were a first and did not last the night.
I used bacon bits, minced onion, minced garlic and a touch of oregano in the cream cheese filling for the ABT's.

I know this may sound like a silly question, but it's meant to be serious.

When is a fatty a fatty? Is it a sausage chub when it hits the smoker? Or does it become a fatty only after it's smoked?

IMO,

Its a fatty as soon as its 1lb or better and shaped like a beercan.

Same as a burger.. its a burger as soon as its a flat patty and its a meatloaf if its round and loaded with stuff..

:nerd:

Back