View Single Post
Old 06-16-2013, 10:51 PM   #7
coastal
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenthanson View Post
You can't walk around with your nose up, I would have said "one brisket please" and enjoyed my sandwich with my family. Good times with family are much more important to me than being right.
I agree with this. I have had great BBQ at places that dont know much about the cut and bad bbq from places that think they are experts. That guy has probably been smokin the same cut of brisket 50 times a day for years. Who cares if he didnt know what it was.

I was in our local joint last year where a guy was giving him hell about the temp he served his meat at and about how he went to culinary school so he should know bla bla bla. He pissed everyone off in the place and left then I saw he wrote a review on yelp about how bad the food was and the service. That particular guy was going to eat bad bbq no matter what was put in front of him because of his attitude.

The place you were at may have been terrible and may have deserved it but I choose to vote with my wallet and never go back if thats the case. I will even tell everyone I see not to go, but I wont say it in their place of business. But thats just me.

Sounds like you didnt create a scene or anything and this isnt entirely directed at you, I understand you not wanting to order if you didnt think you would like it. But I just remember that guy last year and he was uncalled for
coastal is offline   Reply With Quote