whos got the best baked beans

C

Chavo27

I tired numerous time I can't prefect them.. I now baked beans are the life of every cook out.. When their all gone that's an amazing thing.. Anyone can make baked beans but only a SELECT few can make really good baked beans..
My grandmothers beans are amazing she's gave me the recipe I try it and they never taste them same.. i always laugh and tell her it's the pot she bakes them in that is just seasoned with flavor.. There also a lady that run one of the last paw and paw grocery stores around and she makes amazing beans as well.. Of coarse she won't give the recipe out but there's just somethign different about them.. I tried everything to replicate them with no success. I'm think powdered mustard might be something she's using that I'm not..

I have another cookout planned for for next Saturday and I'm wanting to make some AMAZING baked beans is this possible does anyone have the "mind blowing" recipe?

keri's hog apple beans are the bestest! try it with cherry instead of apple for a twist.

:biggrin:

that's a great recipe and once you make it, you can experiment with different proportions and different ingredients to make it your own.

try leftover smoked turkey.
try cherry preserves.
try 4 times the pulled pork.
try adding pig candy.
try adding cooked & crumbled bacon on the top at the end.

the possibilities are endless, but the base recipe is fantastic on it's own.
use whatcha got.

What they said!:eusa_clap
Once I tried Keri's beans, I never looked back at another recipe.

I will add my kudos to Keri's as well. I would add though, that you cannot beat a quality bean cooking pot, cast iron, well seasoned etc...

never heard of them, if I had some pulled pork laying around I would cook up a batch tonight to try them

Here's another vote for the Kerri's recipe. I usually mod a bit, such as using peach pie filling and lots more meat than called for and always finish with well done crumbled bacon on top... I have never had leftovers!

There's other beans besides Keri C's?
If I have no smoked meat I get the end trimmings the butcher cuts off the bulk bacon to square it up and throw on aand 1/2 cook in heavy smoke.

Well instead of pulled pork I could use whole sausage?
also was found to be better apple or peach?

Yes - Keri's

I made it yesterday and added two smoked pork tenderloins to it. I brought it to a party and it was the most raved about dish there. Many requests for the recipe. The key is to get the right spice level. I put in a whole bottle of sticky fingers habanero hot bbq sauce and leave out the cayenne (otherwise its too hot for you average bean eater)

Keri's Hog Apple Baked Beans are the best i've ever made. Everytime I make them for other people, they can't believe how good they are. Everyone wants the recipe for them but I won't give it to them, I tell them " it's a family secret ". They also freeze great. I've had them in the freezer for several months and heated them up and they taste just like they came out of the pit.
Trucky

FEC100
CS009

I have started using 1 1/2 fresh apples in Keri's recipe and like it even better. Gonna try the cherry next.

I have half a pork tenderloin in the freezer I'm going to get that out tomorrow and get ready to smoke some pork I should be able to use this

I see the recipe calls for 1 tsp Blues Hog barbecue rub (or your favorite de jour)

I have another rub I use I don't have any blues hog..
I wonder if I should not use any rub on the tenderloin if I'm going to put some in the beans?

I know the Cheeries have been mentioned instead of the apple, but we used PEACH pie filling and won second place last year at a competition! Try it I actually like the peach better....

keri's beans with cherry preserves is awesome. I am going to have to try with peach next

Back