• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Mounting/Set up - BBQ Guru to Lang 84

HBMTN

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Well after dreaming for years I broke down today and ordered the Cyber Q WiFi from BBQ Guru for my Lang 84. I have been reading lots info info on set up problems people were having getting the unit to link with routers/cell phones etc. Most of what I read was written back in 2011 and 2012. I am wondering have those type issues been resolved? Or does anyone have a link to info for the latest procedures and or best apps to run on the IPhone 4?

Also where on the firebox is the best place to drill the two holes to mount the fans. I know it says about 1 inch below the fire grat but that does not leave much room on a Lang 84 to mount them. Any pic's of mounted fans would be nice if someone has any.

Lastly if there is any good reading info you might know of so that I can get familiar with programming before the unit gets here I'd like to know about it.

Thanks!!!

I am looking at the Pit Pal app but what I see says it is for Android phones and the IPhone runs on IOS ... Does anyone know if they have a IOS/IPhone App

They don't have an app, but with the IP address you just log directly into the controller from any web browser, including the one on your phone. You can get graphing/logging software at http://wedonet.net.

Thanks Kingstar, I tried to download it but it will not open. I see other in the comment section have had the same problem with XP but no one has commented back to help them. Is there a solution to get it to work?

I can't help you there. Might be a good excuse for a computer upgrade, beyond the 12 year old OS. :wink:

Back