• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Wagyu Brisket

John, you pastrami cured one of those briskets? My farking dawgs man, that is not what you do with Wagyu!

I would go hotter, over cooler Titch. I like to cook everything in the 280F to 300F range.

John, you pastrami cured one of those briskets? My farking dawgs man, that is not what you do with Wagyu!

I would go hotter, over cooler Titch. I like to cook everything in the 280F to 300F range.

I am thinking of the Hotter temp, its more natural to me.

One of the purposes of brining is that it reduces overall weight loss. So why wouldn't one not want to preserve the maximum amount of the meat whatever it is!!!!

My vote is minimal seasoning, no injection and 275* to 300*. Butcher paper oprtional. I want to see the PR0N:-D

One of the purposes of brining is that it reduces overall weight loss. So why wouldn't one not want to preserve the maximum amount of the meat whatever it is!!!!
A cure changes the meats flavor and texture, I dunno, it just seems to me there are so many briskets out there that would need the brine, certainly a Wagyu, expecially and Aussie one, just would not NEED it.

It only reduces weight loss by a fraction by the time the cook is over, and that is still a mistake in understanding of what is happening.
You are not preserving but replacing, or diluting.

Second, brining is NOT effective on fat, the diffusion cannot take place because the molecules cannot pass and the ions cannot bind.
Fallacy John.

HTH

Back