Some Buck-n-Bourbon with Bear Lard Biscuits

Thank you Dave, Chief and Kevin!! :-D

How would you compare it to hog lard?
Jestridge it was close to leaf lard. Very mild in flavor, not what I expected.

Thank you Big Bears.. I was hoping it wouldn't offend ya. :becky:

lol Guerry.. I had the same thought. :)

Thank you That'sWhatSheSaid! :-D

Looks fantastic as always, Jeanie! I hope you didn't use the "good stuff" and saved it for your drink accompianment. LOL

That all looks and sounds incredible Bear Lard Dont think I will see that around here :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

unbelievable meal right there jeanie. thanks for the post. i have had bear before and it was awesome. sauteed it in some butter and it came out great

Oh, Jeanie...this song is for you!:becky:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJbBSIFN36k&ob=av2e

Excellent work as always, darlin'!!

:becky: Pat...thanks! :hug:

Looks fantastic as always, Jeanie! I hope you didn't use the "good stuff" and saved it for your drink accompianment. LOL

lol Mike! I had you in mind and I did get some bourbon for cooking.. I saved the Crown for sippin'. :becky: I promise...no more cooking with Crown Royal. lol Thanks!

That all looks and sounds incredible Bear Lard Dont think I will see that around here :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:
Thank you George! You would have been proud of me, I didn't dirty too many dishes. :becky:

unbelievable meal right there jeanie. thanks for the post. i have had bear before and it was awesome. sauteed it in some butter and it came out great

Thanks Mark! That sounds great! I've never tried bear but hope to one day. I will remember your butter trick. :thumb:

Now that's OUT OF THE BOX!!! Never heard of bear lard(or boubor-buck).You ROCKED THAT COOK! IMPRESSIVE! :thumb: ps I love them wild ernyins too.

Nice Grub Cowgirl! BTW in olden dazes Bear Lard was use as a lubricant for guns... lol Maybe the one that took down the bear....

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmm........ :clap2:

That sure looks good SWSW, CBTM, MMD, TBSAP, BASTMF, & IAFOM :thumb:

I'm glad you liked how the biscuits turned out.... the lard makes fantastic pie crust....

The venison looks great.... I'll have to try that some time...

Nicely done Jeanie...... Very Nicely Done :-D

Now that's OUT OF THE BOX!!! Never heard of bear lard(or boubor-buck).You ROCKED THAT COOK! IMPRESSIVE! :thumb: ps I love them wild ernyins too.

Thanks Hoss! I've made the venison dish before but not with the bear lard.. it was tasty stuff. Glad to hear you love them ernyins too. :becky:

Nice Grub Cowgirl! BTW in olden dazes Bear Lard was use as a lubricant for guns... lol Maybe the one that took down the bear....
lol Ash I bet that would work great! Thanks...

Nice meal.

Thank you Michael!

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmm........ :clap2:

That sure looks good SWSW, CBTM, MMD, TBSAP, BASTMF, & IAFOM :thumb:

I'm glad you liked how the biscuits turned out.... the lard makes fantastic pie crust....

The venison looks great.... I'll have to try that some time...

Nicely done Jeanie...... Very Nicely Done :-D

Hey HWSW, CBTM, MMD NHHEKAP, BASTMF, IAFOM, and ISK!
I can't thank you enough Ken. I love the bear lard. This was a new experience for me...thank you sooooo much. :cool: :hug:
It almost makes me not want to kick your hind end at pool. lol :becky:

Dang ..... Sorry About that :shocked:............ :rolleyes:........... :-D

lol I think I need to add bear hunting to my list of things to do. :becky:

Thanks again Ken... :thumb:

How'd I miss this? That sure looks great! I have never heard of anyone using bear lard but then hunting bear in California is not too popular. I'm sure you can head on up to Kodiak, Alaska if you are in for a real bear hunting adventure...

Ok, I'm officially jealous!!! I've always heard that no biscuits tastes as good as ones made with bear lard. I've never tried it, one day.........

I give it an A+ and extra points.....................for creativity. Nice job Cow Girl.

From what I understand bear grease will do a hell of a fine job waterproofing your boots to.

Back