• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.
^^^^ Well, that brings an entirely new dimension to this throwdown.

How, bout I get Sh!tfaced (Sauced):heh:, burn some ribs, and then hose white sauce all over 'em:thumb:

Sure winner...:twitch:

Ok... Back to the PB Now....

Cheers!

Bill

I think they would call that pron "The Money Shot":mrgreen:

Maybe, I need to come out of retirement for this one.
297100_10100361955804497_3622825_54352770_4072280_n.jpg

(Old shot does not count)

I bought some USDA choice ribeyes, and my plan all week was to grill one this weekend. So, I decided to make one of my favorite sauces, a mushroom pepper corn sauce to go on both my steak, and the nice looking asparagus I saw at the grocery store .

I did my normal 24 hour dry treatment of the ribeye in the fridge, and seasoned it with k-salt and pepper.

picture.php

The sauce was made earlier in the day. I started by making some clarified butter.

picture.php

While that was working, I ground some peppercorns in the mortar and pestle.

picture.php

I reduced some beef stock and the fresh ground pepper. Then, I added a mixture of heavy cream, some of that clarified butter, and a little bit of brandy. And, simmered that down to concentrate flavors and thicken up. Then, I added the mushrooms, and cooked it down a little more.

picture.php

Then, I tossed the steak on the grill. When it was done, I foil wrapped it and let it rest. Medium rare, of course.

While the steak was resting, I grilled some fresh asparagus.

And, here is how it all turned out. Enjoy the view. I certainly enjoyed the meal.

picture.php

CD

Great looking steak CD :thumb:

I am amazed you got the steak to cook on the stove on just a plate. Very interesting method.

Great looking steak CD :thumb:

I am amazed you got the steak to cook on the stove on just a plate. Very interesting method.

Just to be clear, and abide by the rules, thus avoiding the wrath of bigabyte, the steak and the asparagus were grilled on my 18.5 OTS. I did not photograph that, since the sauce is the star in this throwdown. but I can not imagine anyone not taking my word for the grilled steak and asparagus.

Okay, I can imagine several of you farkers not taking my word for the grilled steak and asparagus. But, get the fark over it, or have your lawyer call my lawyer.

CD :becky:

You use the Texas Crutch even on steaks?

Nice entry CD

I only used the foil for the rest, so I could grill the asparagus. I don't think that officially qualifies for Texas Crutch status.

I would ask bigabyte for a ruling, but what the fark does he know. :rolleyes:

CD :becky:

My "Saucy" Baby Backs.

These BB Ribs turned out Great!! Only thing I think I could have done is take them off about 30 min earlier. I went 2-2-.5 Next time I will try 2-1.5-.5 They were still very flavorful and moist.

IMG_0298.jpg

IMG_0299.jpg

Pulled membrane.

IMG_0300.jpg

One rack got SM Sweet Seduction and one got SM Cherry.

IMG_0301.jpg

Wrapped and in the fridge overnight.

IMG_0302.jpg

Coming up to temp. It was 12* outside when I fired up the UDS.

IMG_0303.jpg

Ribs on at 1240 @225*

IMG_0304.jpg

2 hours in.

IMG_0305.jpg

Foiled with AJ and back on at 1440. I could not get the temps to stay down at 225*. Top vent 3/4 closed and guru vent 90% closed. There wasn't much of a wind at all. It cruised around 250* most of the cook. I didn't sweat it. Just should have adjusted my cook times.

IMG_0306.jpg

Out of foil at 1640.

IMG_0308.jpg

IMG_0307.jpg

IMG_0310.jpg

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0312.jpg

Off the smoker @ 1700

IMG_0311.jpg

TD Entry Photo.

All in all a great cook. They tasted Awesome!! Even got the wifes approval. :thumb:

Thanks for looking.

Beautiful ribs. Can you tell us more about your sauce?

CD

I can but I would have to kill you!! :doh:

Just kidding. It's a mixture of Head Country and Blues Hog.

I haven't had either one. It looks like a sweet sauce by the thickness and shine. Can you describe it a little to help me imagine eating it?

Thanks!

CD

Not sure I can explain really how they taste. The Head Country is a vinegar based sauce and the Blues Hog isn't. The Head Country has just a little kick to to and is thinner. The Blues Hog is VERY thick and quite sweet. Mixing the 2 really gives a good balance. Hope this helps but I'm sure it won't.

Not sure I can explain really how they taste. The Head Country is a vinegar based sauce and the Blues Hog isn't. The Head Country has just a little kick to to and is thinner. The Blues Hog is VERY thick and quite sweet. Mixing the 2 really gives a good balance. Hope this helps but I'm sure it won't.

Actually, it does. :thumb:

CD

Back