Need Advice...Ducane Affinity 3100 vs. Weber Q 220/320

humdogj

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Good morning. I'm looking at purchasing a new grill sometime soon (Father's Day gift to myself with wife's money of course:clap:) and was wondering if anyone has had any experience/knowledge of the Ducane Affinity 3100. I could get it for $300. I just came across it yesterday and it looks very intriguing. I believe it is a Weber product.

Before looking at that one, I've been eyeing up the Weber Q 220 or 320. I'm pretty sure I can't go wrong with either of the Q's and they both have their advantages/disadvantages. I'm just wondering for the price/performance, if I would be better off getting the Ducane before it's gone. There is a limited stock at the store of these. I could get a $50 gift card with the Ducane, which I would put for a cover and light possibly.

How is the quality of the Ducane? Rust? Even-heating?

Any advice would be super appreciated. Thanks.

I owned a Ducane gasser year ago. It was a nice grill but only lasted about 5 years. The Weber the replaced it lasted 15 years.

Also, Weber bought Ducane a while back and announced this year that they will be discontinuing the Ducane product line. I don't know if that matters you to or not.

My uncle swore by Ducane grills. He had several, this is 35-40 years ago, and they are still working. I think that they got bought up, and the quality went down. In the old days, they were top of the line consumer grills.

FWIW. I have both a Weber Q100 and a Q200 with the cart. Both are indispensable in my book and work great.

Buy the Q 320 and don't look back!!!!!!

The Q 320 comes with a stand, a warming rack, and a handle light. It puts out 27,000 btu's. and has the Weber name behind it. I own a 300 and a 320, but to upgrade the 300, you are ahead getting the 320 that includes everything. Cast iron grates that do a mean sear on a steak or fish or chicken. To cut down on possible flair ups, I use my GrillGrates on the Q grates. Works well. 10 years from now, guess what??? You will still be able to get replacement parts. If you need them, although I doubt you will need to as the Q320 is built very well.....

Thanks for all the advice. I'm leaning towards the weber q320. I just don't feel confident with the Ducane and I know I won't go wrong with the 320. If anyone thinks differently,please chime in.

Back