Gonna Boil Some Butt........

SmittyJonz

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I usually buy Pork Shoulder Picnics cuz they're Cheaper and still Tasty :biggrin1:

But I got this on Kroger sale last week - Gonna Smoke it Sat - An Old Timer at work told me to boil it for 1.5 hrs then smoke it..... Said it'll be the most Tender Butt ever! :twitch:

null_zpsc8e0c360.jpg

But I may (will) skip the Boiling and just inject apple juice with rub mixed in and smother it in Rub and let it get nice n gooey then toss it in the UDS but maybe the Kettle......... Hmmmm :thumb:

Last edited:
Im just joking if it works ...and you like it ...then go for it ..nobody can tell you how to cook ...((scratches head)) if I listened to everyone all the time !!!!!

If a picnic is cured like a ham , I would boil it with some butter beans , like i did in S.C back in the day .

As far as boiling, then putting it on the smoker .. I rather not... Let us know how it turns out...:grin:

But I am open to anything if it works...!!!! Go for it ..

I prefer that Boston Blade Roast, AKA Boston Butt, myself.

Just be sure to inject it before boiling, and then rub it before smoking. I think that is what we have come to agree upon. I'm not sure. I don't know what to think now that bigabyte is gone.

Oh, hell -- just toss it into a crock pot with some Kraft BBQ Sauce. You can't go wrong with that.

CD :becky:

Im curious...let us know how that works for ya. Me personally i wouldnt boil any meats i would BBQ...but thats just me

After boiling, you should strain the water, inject with the strained water, then rub with bits that you caught in the strainer, then smoke. That way no flavor is lost!

Back