• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Who is Watching PitMasters?

Don't like this format nearly as much as watching real comps. Too made for tv for me.

I'm watching, reading, and listening to anything that's related to bbq these days. I enjoy listening to Myron and Tuffy trading quips. I never miss an episode and watch the re-runs more often than Seinfeld episodes! Lol.

The problem with the season 1 format was that there wasn't always a winner. The general public wants to see a winner. BBQ will watch anyways.

The problem with the season 1 format was that there wasn't always a winner. The general public wants to see a winner. BBQ will watch anyways.

Not to mention it was much more expensive to produce and the viewers never got to hear feedback on how the teams' entries actually turned out.

I really enjoyed Season 1 too, but it's not coming back. It just didn't work for the network.

Erik

I am starting to see a pattern here. Young Husband and wife team competes against two older teams. Young team has all kinds of problems. Young team wins. Same story two weeks in a row now! :razz:

Huh? Buzzies won the first round. Hardly a young couple team.

For those of you that don't have cable or satellite, this is also available for viewing on Amazon. It looks like they even have the current season, although they are a week or so "delayed" on the current episode.

Edit: I tried providing a link but couldn't get it to work. On the left side of the Amazon home screen select Movies, Music, & Games, then select Amazon Instant Video and then search Pitmasters.

Our setup was directly behind the pitmasters filming. Pretty cool to see what made it on air. I wonder if they caught us on camera when we dropped our ribs. Either that or the awesome Lebowski throw down that happened Friday night.

Out of curiosity what things did NOT make it on air? I am sure we are just seeing "highlights" on the show.

I wonder if they are having problems getting sponsership money for the purse. I noticed that for the first two show's that Myron has put up the money. If i'm not mistaken the purse was $2,000.00, if I remember correctly they used to give away a good bit more than this.

I am starting to see a pattern here. Young Husband and wife team competes against two older teams. Young team has all kinds of problems. Young team wins. Same story two weeks in a row now! :razz:

Buzzie won the Texas BBQ one last week. The one where Bubba Lattimer and his wife won was The Ultimate BBQ Showdown which also had fellow Brethern Neal "BigMista"

If I recall you can order them from "Tractor Supply". I think these were actually intended for animail use...... Come to think of it, still are.

Congratulations on the win.

Nice job on beating the "ol' pros"! :clap2:

Y'all made us a little nervous when you dropped the picnic pan! Whew!... Close one! Lol...

She knows how to dress for a comp for sure. I learn a lot watching those shows. Just one line here and there real good info.

Out of curiosity what things did NOT make it on air? I am sure we are just seeing "highlights" on the show.

While it certainly is reality in terms of when the clock starts they cook the whole time, but they shot multiple takes of certain portions of the show. So the judges said their lines a lot before they got the right take. The scene where the food is revealed for the first time was shot multiple times. So the reaction that makes it to the show might not be the first real reaction. But that makes sense as they need to have the best footage they can to make the show work.. It was done on Saturday so we had turn ins to take care of so we didn't see it all.

It was pretty cool to see the production that has to take place to make the show. The one producer/director woman kept screaming at Myron on how to put the right inflection on his lines to make it sound how she wanted. Not like they are trained actors :p. I couldn't remember all the lines either. The judges seem to have a great time filming though. Myron, Tuffy and Aaron always seemed to be smiling and joking with each other.

JEALOUS!!!!!!!!! Don't get the channel. Funny though, I'm just using some quality "kids and wife are asleep" time, catching up on season 2 of pit masters (I know...where have I been) and enjoying a glass of Templeton Rye whiskey. BTW - if you can find it (virtually impossible outside of Iowa) you owe it to yourself to try, it's awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My wife introduced me to Templeton Rye on our first date.......excellent!

Buzzie won the Texas BBQ one last week. The one where Bubba Lattimer and his wife won was The Ultimate BBQ Showdown which also had fellow Brethern Neal "BigMista"

Opps! Same production company I believe, though. :loco:

Although somewhat corny, I don't mind the show. One thing that does annoy me is that you have to hear them say "that's me" 30 times. They could accomplish the same thing quietly with graphics.

Back