What next

JCQuick

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Ok I think I'm starting to get hooked cause I Got this :mrgreen: now My question is what do I smoke next > I've done 1-beef roast, pork butt , beef ribs and a brisket flat.:mrgreen:
We are a beef family and an old standby on the grill is a london broil. Anyone ever smoke one? or am I being stupid :shocked:
keep in mind I want to play with my new toy :wink:

Attachments

• DSC_0214 (2) [800x600].jpg
    DSC_0214 (2) [800x600].jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 170
Tri Tip is next for me! Haven't done London Broil. I will have to Google what it is

Chuck Roast! Brisket Style! What kind of Smoker? - you gotta do a cpl Whole Dead Chickens and a Turkey or 2.

The meatloaf idea did cross my mind please someome tell me more abouty that potato probe holder

A london broil marinated in dales steak sauce and put on the smoker makes a really good phillycheese steak sandwich. :mrgreen:

Ok I think I'm starting to get hooked cause I Got this :mrgreen: now My question is what do I smoke next > I've done 1-beef roast, pork butt , beef ribs and a brisket flat.:mrgreen:
We are a beef family and an old standby on the grill is a london broil. Anyone ever smoke one? or am I being stupid :shocked:
keep in mind I want to play with my new toy :wink:

I want that same remote monitor you have :) I almost ordered it the other day.

ABTs, Moinks, pig shots, whole packer, meatloaf, beans, chuckies, fattys, pork belly. Not sure why people use potatoe probe holder i guess its cause the supplied clip doesn't work on their rack or they lost it, some will use tin foil too.

Ive had trouble getting the clip to stay in place - had to spread it then it wouldn't give the probe back - potato is just easy and works well.

ABTs, Moinks, pig shots, whole packer, meatloaf, beans, chuckies, fattys, pork belly. Not sure why people use potatoe probe holder i guess its cause the supplied clip doesn't work on their rack or they lost it, some will use tin foil too.

Since you seem to be a first time offender, I will assess no penalty this time. However, it is important that we use the proper spelling of MOINK - all caps. Failure to follow said nomenclature may result in a month in the penalty box and/or a fine of a 12-15 pound brisket.

Go and sin no more! :razz:

The meatloaf idea did cross my mind please someome tell me more abouty that potato probe holder

Potatoes elevate the probe above the grate so the temp read is air temp, not influenced by the metal of the grate. Other things may be used, such as corks..anything that won't catch fire and is soft enough to put probe through

I also do London Broil marinated in Italian salad dressing, smoke and seared and then sliced wafer thin for sammies. You sure won't get to use your new toy much because they don't take long, we like them medium rare.

Maybe a nice large chuck roast?

Are beans on the smoker particularly good? I've never done them.

Extremely good, I can't eat regular beans any more, lots of good recipes on here, I'm going to try some peach beans later this weekend but for a quick easy one i do dutches wicked baked beans.

well the wife brought home an Lb and a rump roast I'm going to do the rump i think.

My smoker is a smoke hollow propane not really a real smoker some have said :noidea: but so far i'm getting hooked on this

Back