Experiance with Lang smokers?

Qczar

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Anyone use or have any info on Lang smokers? I know someone that is getting close to buying. Thought I throw it out there if there`s goods or bads?

http://www.pigroast.com/

Hope all is well with you folks.

got a used lang 84 early last fall -still learning how to use it- does a great job- have an almost unlimited supply of wood- that is one reason I have it- wood is free and charcoal is not- other than having to feed it sticks pretty often, it makes some of the best grub I have ever tasted, and I am sure in the hands of some of the more experienced members here, they would put my stuff to shame, but I'm learning with every cook

Love mine but you'll burn through the wood. I use oak and apple up here in the Northwest. We don't have a shortage of wood here. Once you get the pit to temp you'll probably add a log or two every couple of hours.

Can't say enough about mine, and the same for Ben Lang himself!

I have a 84 Lang and love it............Holds temp real nice. the warmer ( above firebox) is a big plus.

I would diffenitely get a warmer if they decide to do comp's with it. It works great for holding meat that is waiting for turn in.

I have been told that the langs are like the Meadow Creeks. If they are then it is a very nice rig. I would get the warmer and the chicken attachment, if lang offers that.

I have been told that the langs are like the Meadow Creeks. If they are then it is a very nice rig. I would get the warmer and the chicken attachment, if lang offers that.
Don't you mean the Medow Creeks are like the Langs?:twisted:

Hopefully Diva and MokanMeathead will chime in.... I'm not worthy, but I have seen some killer que come off of those Lang pits!!!

My only negative to add is that I have seen at least one where one of the doors to the pit warped and did not close properly. but it still put out some good Q.

Stick Burners Rule!!!!!
And that Lang IS a Stick Burner and a good one to boot.
Probably can't buy any other smoker for THAT money that works any better.
PARTY!!!!!

Have a 60 and love it!!! Langs are great cookers...period!!

Darn fine piece of machinery, those Langs. We had three, the 84, the 60 and the 48. Sold the 84, so we're going to buy another 48 this fall. Warming box is DEFINITELY a plus.

Steph

Back