• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Been cooking, just not posting it! Discada and Steaks Pron.

Those steaks look done to perfection. Your son is right, Bob. You are a good cooker! :wink:

We got a kick out of my daughter. My folks show up and most times my dad has something for em in his shirt pocket like candy, beef jerky, etc. They sit down and she asks Grampy, "What did you bring me?" Grampy says, "We brought you some steak" My daughter............."Mmmmm, steak!" :laugh: That's my girl!:thumb:

U could get some breakfast cooked up on that thing in Waffle House time!!!!

Been dying to try some of the diner type favorites from around here like huevos rancheros and hamburger steak. There is also a very different flavor when they make enchiladas on the griddle. They spoon some red chile on the griddle and let it heat up a bit. Then they toss a tortilla on the hot chile and then flip the tort. Once it's warm and coated with chile, they toss in some grated muenster and roll em. Then the spoon a bit more chile over em and let em get a bit crispy and so that the cheese can melt. OMG, those enchiladas are the best.
I'm also dying to make some Teppanyaki style cuisine on it!

Been dying to try some of the diner type favorites from around here like huevos rancheros and hamburger steak. There is also a very different flavor when they make enchiladas on the griddle. They spoon some red chile on the griddle and let it heat up a bit. Then they toss a tortilla on the hot chile and then flip the tort. Once it's warm and coated with chile, they toss in some grated muenster and roll em. Then the spoon a bit more chile over em and let em get a bit crispy and so that the cheese can melt. OMG, those enchiladas are the best.
I'm also dying to make some Teppanyaki style cuisine on it!

What you waiting for? If I knew how to cook that way I would be all over it. Hell I wouldn't need the stove inside for any thing.

I have a 2 burner version of the Grillzilla. We use it at comps and camping with a large group of people. It is awesome for sausage, taters, eggs and bacon. Done burgers on it as well.
Was in Cablelas on Tuesday in Dundee Mi. They now have a 4 burner version they sell now too. I do not recall the price on it.

Brother Bob, YOU really should post more often because OMG, diet be da*mned I would hit that 2 or 3 times even.

Thanks! Might put GriddleZilla to use this weekend while watching the games. Don't know how many of you have ever had tripitas :shock:, but local grocery store has em on sale for .99 lb.

Thanks! Might put GriddleZilla to use this weekend while watching the games. Don't know how many of you have ever had tripitas :shock:, but local grocery store has em on sale for .99 lb.

Please tell me more.

Not sure how I haven't seen this till now - but DANG! :hungry:

I'd do more than hit that - I'd waller all in it! :shocked:

I was expecting to see photos of a converted plow disc. (Discada)
That's what they were calling em in Arizona when I saw a Mexican family cooking on one. I've made a couple since.

They work.

BTW: Good photos. Makes me hungry.
I like your set up.

Last edited:
I was expecting to see photos of a converted plow disc. (Discada)
That's what they were calling em in Arizona when I saw a Mexican family cooking on one. I've made a couple since.

They work.

BTW: Good photos. Makes me hungry.
I like your set up.

I have some plate steel leftover. What I'd like to do with the next one I make is go with half griddle and then cut out and drop in a large, deep disc into the flat surface. I could then cook and deep fry at the same time.

Back