• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Advice wanted - St Peters, Mo Contest

bbutts

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am working with a group that is very interested in hosting a new competition in St. Peters to replace the Lakeside Que-topia contest that was cancelled this year.

If there was a time of year that would work best with your busy schedules, what would work best for you?

Thank you,

Brian Butts

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

September seems to have a good amount going on in the area already. October there aren't any KCBS comps in the metro area. Late August is open now too with Pacific gone, but can be hot has heck.

I agree about a little later in the year. A lot of people either travel for TOY points or just get antsy for not having cooked in a while.

I would like to do KCBS, if I can set the site up correctly to handle the trailers. It is a nice park with alot of electrical hookups and shade. The main problem is it is all grass, other than some small nearby parking lots.

You would be taking a big chance on the grass being dry in September/October. Need a plan B if it is muddy.

You would be taking a big chance on the grass being dry in September/October. Need a plan B if it is muddy.

Your assuming they're watering the grass during August and the field isn't waiting to explode on fire! :wink:

+1 for late August as far as schedule availability goes. Hope you can work things out to get something put together Brian. Keep us posted.

i like oct just my thought there none KCBS that month beside centralia on the 19 th

September seems to have a good amount going on in the area already. October there aren't any KCBS comps in the metro area. Late August is open now too with Pacific gone, but can be hot has heck.

Tom (Pacific) is moving his contest to October the second full weekend I think. The last i heard it was going to be at the Family Arena.

Tom (Pacific) is moving his contest to October the second full weekend I think. The last i heard it was going to be at the Family Arena.

Greg, is it happening in 2012, or starting in 2013?

I am working with a group that is very interested in hosting a new competition in St. Peters to replace the Lakeside Que-topia contest that was cancelled this year.

If there was a time of year that would work best with your busy schedules, what would work best for you?

Thank you,

Brian Butts

as long as it's not tied in with the st peters picnic, that would not be good

It may be associated with the same group, but not at the picnic. I am opening discussions with the group and they are excited, but I am looking for a separate event that would compliment Old Town and the establishments it contains.

Last edited:
Back