• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

More Weber Performer Mod pics - Thermometer Port, Grate Hook

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Granite City, Illinois (Near St. Louis "GO CARDS")
Made a tough decision to drill a hole through the side of my weber performer, but I didn't want to run the ET 732 thermometer cable through the top or under the lid, so I went and did it. I think it turned out well. I'm happy with it.

Also added another hook. This one is on the back side to hang the grate on when I'm messing with the charcoal.

IMG_3478.jpg

IMG_3477.jpg

IMG_3465.jpg

IMG_3463.jpg

IMG_3460.jpg

Gotta do what you gotta do. Looks perfect. I'm going to do the same thing when I get my new probe.

How does this effect the warranty on webers? I would like to add a thermo in the lid of my OTS but I am curious about the warranty?

In your third pic with the grate, see the horizontal slot/hole in the back metal piece of the Performer?

That slot/hole is there to hang the grate by the handle.

In your third pic with the grate, see the horizontal slot/hole in the back metal piece of the Performer?

That slot/hole is there to hang the grate by the handle.

Thanks. I did not know that. I usually pick the grate up with plyers. I hate getting the BBQ tar on my hands or having to put on gloves everytime. I think I would still use the small hook. Then I don't have to turn it around to put the handle in the slot.

Thanks. I did not know that. I usually pick the grate up with plyers. I hate getting the BBQ tar on my hands or having to put on gloves everytime. I think I would still use the small hook. Then I don't have to turn it around to put the handle in the slot.

I just use paper towels to pick up the grate so my hands dont get dirty.

:clap2:....would heat escape from the surrounding of the cable ??

Back