Re heating a Fatty

ChicagoSizzlin

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Im going to make a fatty today and I might have some left over. How do you guys reheat them? Or are they better served fresh?

They're best fresh. I reheat mine in the microwave. Medium low power for a couple of minutes, covered. Toasted bread, mayo, and a slice of cheese!!!

Matt

Have used microwave on occasion. Also, grilled, pan fried, eaten cold. Hard to go wrong here!!

Leftovers are great in sandwiches, eggs, topping on my famous "bbq" nachos.

Yeah! What he ^^^^ said. Once cooked they are about as versatile as you are.

Thanks everyone I appreciate it. The only question I have is what temp is it done at? I got it going for 40mins so far and temps been ranging between 250-270. I also threw in some cherry and apple wood. Do I need to put some more wood through out the cook as well?

would recommend internal temp of 160 - may take 1.5 to two hours at 250 indirect.

i wouldnt add more smoking wood unless your using those shaving pieces. On the few occasions where i added a few fatties to have leftovers, i find slicing them the next day when they are COLD makes it very easy to vac-seal some in small portions for freezing. then i just take oput of the freezer, heat em in a skillet while the eggs are cooking , and magic happens!

would recommend internal temp of 160 - may take 1.5 to two hours at 250 indirect.

i wouldnt add more smoking wood unless your using those shaving pieces. On the few occasions where i added a few fatties to have leftovers, i find slicing them the next day when they are COLD makes it very easy to vac-seal some in small portions for freezing. then i just take oput of the freezer, heat em in a skillet while the eggs are cooking , and magic happens!

Those internal temps sound right, and I too seal mine and reheat in a skillet, served over ecode's bunns with a poached egg on top. Delish :clap2:

I try to make enough to have fatty hash in eggs in the morning. Not always successful tho.

Well the fatty was gone before i could even put it down. I also made some MOINK balls and they were gone just as fast. I would have taken some pictures considering it was my first time making both. The wife took the camera that day so i was unable to do so. Anyways everything turned out awesome! Cant thank you guys enough for making me look so damn good lol.

Back