View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 11:11 AM   #31
Toronto
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliking View Post
Couldn't agree with you more. I don't get why there is a flurry of PBC threads either.

I guess it is a standardized cooker that appeals to folks who are unable to build a UDS for whatever reason? I find it hard to imagine that cost is one of those reasons though. A UDS can be built pretty cheaply, definitely less than $225, unless you are going for an SS drum or fancy graphics.

Folks who built a drum would probably find it easy enough to add some holes, rebar, and hooks to find out if the hanging meat really cooks differently from the usual lay-it-on-the-grate method.

Oh well, maybe I'll learn something new.
From threads ive been reading the PBC seems to be the 'set it and forget it' type of cooker. The maker has taken a lot of the guess work out of cooking on it and that seems to be the major appeal.

The main difference I see in the PBC and UDS is powder coating, besides that they are essential the same except for the drum size. Anyone can add rebars and a couple of holes for hanging but you would need to take it to someone for powder coating.
Toronto is offline   Reply With Quote