New York Strip Steak Sammies

Redhot

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I was craving a good steak sammie and we happened to have this whole cryovac'd New York strip that was cut into 1 1/2~2" thick steaks. They were marinated overnight in:
1/4 cup tequila
2 T El Yucateco Chipotle hot sauce
1/3 cup EVOO
juice of three limes
2 minced deseeded jalapenos
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
2 tsp dried cilantro
1 Tbs minced garlic
1 tsp sea salt

cryovac1-1.jpg

And it was on sale too!

cryovac-1.jpg

strip2-1.jpg

marinade-7.jpg

Indirect up to 120*

flip-1.jpg

These were reverse seared...

sear2.jpg

and rested

sear3.jpg

figured we needed some fries too...Hmmm, that's an odd shape...

dicktater1-1.jpg

So the steak was thinly sliced for the build...

Smoked Gouda cheese on the toasted ciabatta with homemade black pepper and horseradish mayo
Cherry tomatoes, sliced purple onion and green leaf lettuce and yes...we did cook the steaks first.

sam.jpg

build.jpg

build1.jpg

build2.jpg

sam3.jpg

sam2.jpg

sam1.jpg

And sliced. Man this sucker was so big we cut it in half which neither of us managed to finish...they were soooo good!!!

sam4.jpg

Thanks for looking!!

Now that is what I'm talking about! :thumb:
Looks so darn good, it's making my mouth water.

I dont get it...what was odd about the tatter??? Looks like the Washington monument to me!:becky:

Some mighty fine pron of some mighty fine grub...and hella good deal on that meat!

Also, in regards to your tater...

figured we needed some fries too...Hmmm, that's an odd shape...

dicktater1-1.jpg

Yesss...I see what you mean....it looks a LOT like.....a light bulb?

Some mighty fine pron of some mighty fine grub...and hella good deal on that meat!

Also, in regards to your tater...

Yesss...I see what you mean....it looks a LOT like.....a light bulb?

To quote "Death to Smoochy"

It's a...uh..........a ROCKETSHIP!

On the strip, after cutting off the odd shaped end we managed to get 8 ~20 oz steaks. Gotta love the Foodsaver!

Not to mention that sammich was to die for.

PERFECTION!!!:becky: Ya'll definitely know how to cook!

Oh, I forgot to mention that I cut the taters (unpeeled), coated with EVOO and a generous sprinkle of The Rub Co. Santa Maria style. Then baked until tender and deep fried in batches. They were fantastic!!!

Oh, I forgot to mention that I cut the taters (unpeeled), coated with EVOO and a generous sprinkle of The Rub Co. Santa Maria style. Then baked until tender and deep fried in batches. They were fantastic!!!

Yep. The Santa Maria Style made some of the best seasoned fries I've ever had I have to admit.

Yep. The Santa Maria Style made some of the best seasoned fries I've ever had I have to admit.

Awesome! Glad you like that stuff.

Hope you get down with that new Hot Wing Rub soon! Im dying with anticipation.

Wow. That is one serious steak sammie!

If I understood you correctly, since you both didn't finish your portions, I expect you to ship me the leftovers for immediate consumption. I'll PM you my address! :thumb:

Awesome! Glad you like that stuff.

Hope you get down with that new Hot Wing Rub soon! Im dying with anticipation.

First we gotta have steak sammie leftovers tonight...tomorrow, my birthday cook which "came from the sea".:becky: We'll be doing your hot wing rub by the weekend I'm sure and I can't wait to try it!

$111 for one slab of meat!??!

*picking up jaw*

Man I'll stick to Pork Butts and cheap steaks, even though those look excellent!

Back