Discada de Pollo

smokinvic

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
My uncle had a few of us over for his birthday this past weekend. We got there late, we still had All Star little league games we were hosting at our park, so the wife and I had to be there (as board members). Anyways, I got there too late to take pictures of cooking, but I took a pic of the equipment and the final product.

My uncle hooked up back yard with a "Discada table". Set up some aluminum table top and studs and had his friend tile it in. It is a great set up. We use it to deep fry chicken, tripes, fish. It is awesome.

Couple of "Discos" set up in the table. I love this set up.
IMG00104.jpg

IMG00105.jpg

Some potato wedges to accompany the chicken.
IMG00107.jpg

A pot full of chicken. I love tohave it WELL DONE. Almost like chicharron. yummmmm.
IMG00108.jpg

Nice looking Pollito there Vic. Noticed the tapatio .. Tapatio is nice, but I would highly recommend Salsa Huichol. It's probably a little bit harder to find, but it great - less vinegar. Pollito con Papas , it's a song lol.

Looks like something I'd like to give a shot at cooking at.

Discada Cooking

I have always been intrigued with this style of cooking, gotta find me an old plow disc

Hmmmm...I must investigate this further....I have plow discs......as if I don't have enough chit I'm wanting to build.

Food looks great though.

Nice looking Pollito there Vic. Noticed the tapatio .. Tapatio is nice, but I would highly recommend Salsa Huichol. It's probably a little bit harder to find, but it great - less vinegar. Pollito con Papas , it's a song lol.

And see, i like Tapatio way more than Huichol.

Either way, Vic has some good stuff there!

Oh yeah, now we're talking. Tell your Tio he has a sweet set up there. Does he batter the bird in any way or use a certain seasoning on it when it's right out of the oil? I could go for a leg on a warm corn tortilla and just dripping with the Tapatio. Do you like the Cholula brand salsa?

Oh yeah, now we're talking. Tell your Tio he has a sweet set up there. Does he batter the bird in any way or use a certain seasoning on it when it's right out of the oil? I could go for a leg on a warm corn tortilla and just dripping with the Tapatio. Do you like the Cholula brand salsa?

The bird is not battered. Just a simple seasoning. I think they use like Lawry's with a bit mor pepper and garlilc added. I know they pass the cholula around a bit, but they use homemade salsa even more. My family loves to make some fire hot salsa. Im not much of a heat guy. But the entire family is. The cholula has made an appearence or two also.

I made this one a couple of months ago it work good. Didn't take very long to make.
100_8049.jpg

Vic, Sweet set up, and the food looks great. Need to find me a couple of those p[low disks.

(I need another project).:icon_shock1:

P.S. Tapatio here!!

Nice setup Vic!

I've been looking for a plow disc, called a couple tractor supplies around and they acted like I was nutz! One outfit asked me what size I wanted? I wasn't sure since they had to order them, what is an ideal size for discada cooking?

The one I made was an 18D disk. Should be able to find them on most farm make sure it doesn't have lot of rust on it they hard to clean up. I made the handles out of rebar and trampouline springs

Back