etc..

FreshMarket
Whole Foods
Earth Fare
Publix
Harris Teeter
Kroger
etc..

I know everyone has different grocery stores in different part of the country but of the larger chains it is hard to beat a Fresh Market steak in my opinion but they are fark'n expensive

I also think Sam's has as good of big box meat as you will get for something that is in most towns

Never bought from a costco but i hear good things

Costco has prime. I buy them whole, dry age them for 6 weeks and then cut them into steaks about 2 inches thick. Best price per pound bu doing it yourself.

Price or value?

Up until this last weekend, I would've said Costco of what's listed. Now I'm not so sure.

I have yet to find a "Best" in the ones listed that are located here. I need a Real Butcher and / or a good commercial supplier.

Best to me would mean consistency, price and value.

To me Sam's is a good bet as I have never had a bad steak
When I want a special occasion steak I get a prime from fresh market but it costs a lot
The local butcher is great, as we have one now and I know the bliss..but we were without a good local butcher in this area for 5 years and I suspect many have the same problem

I set up an account with US Foodservice, which supplies lots of restaurants. I can usually buy a case of Prime ribeyes (10-12 steaks) for just under $100. Comes to about $6.50 per pound. Sometimes you can catch them with too many ribeye loins, and get a better deal than that.

I'm sure it is a local thing. I generally get my best ribeyes from COSTCO. But it is not a universal thing. But, most of the time, I get my good steaks from COSTCO.

CD

I set up an account with US Foodservice, which supplies lots of restaurants. I can usually buy a case of Prime ribeyes (10-12 steaks) for just under $100. Comes to about $6.50 per pound. Sometimes you can catch them with too many ribeye loins, and get a better deal than that.

can anyone do that?

can anyone do that?

I called them up once when I needed to buy a LOT of fish for a church fish fry, hoping they would give me a break since it was for a church. They said, sure, let's set you up an account.

I do own a real estate company (which is actually just me), and put it in the company name, but I don't know that it mattered. I did not give them a Tax ID number, and still pay sales tax. It's certainly worth a try.

A box of prime ribeyes makes a great client gift, too. They think you spent a whole lot more than you did.

I called them up once when I needed to buy a LOT of fish for a church fish fry, hoping they would give me a break since it was for a church. They said, sure, let's set you up an account.

I do own a real estate company (which is actually just me), and put it in the company name, but I don't know that it mattered. I did not give them a Tax ID number, and still pay sales tax. It's certainly worth a try.

A box of prime ribeyes makes a great client gift, too. They think you spent a whole lot more than you did.

hmm great ideas. Will give it a try.

I have bought some great filets at SAMs. And some beautiful ny strips at Kroger.

Back