American Royal Questions

GMDGeek

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Not seeing dates published on their site yet. Had a couple questions:

1. What are the dates for the Open and for the Invite only?
2. What is the attendance cost (Not Competing)?
3. What kind of access do people attending get? Is it OK to walk around, observe, talk (not bug), and etc?

Having never attended and being very much interested in learning I'm really wanting to check it out. Also have 10 events between KCBC, IBCA, and misc that I am looking at attending, just to try and learn and get a feel.

Apologize for all the noobie questions - just looking at 2013 as the learning year to get me ready for 2014 :)

Thanks all,
Gerry

I am not sure if the dates have even been determinded as of yet.

Here is the link to KCBS.us

The Royal is usually the first weekend in October, with the Invitational held on Saturday and the Open on Sunday. There is a gate fee for Friday, and possibly for Saturday, but Sunday is free.

I think the gate fee is $15. You can walk around and talk to teams. They have bands and a BBQ Expo there too. A lot of teams have private parties on Friday night.

Invite is October 5. Open the 6th.

Friday night the 4th will be the big party night. These are supposed to be private parties, but I bet there will be a Brethren or two that let you into their party...for example, I will. :-D Though our party pales in comparison to most. We did, however, kill an entire keg last year on Friday night. This year we are in the invite, so we may scale that back a little bit.

Gate fee is $15, but I believe you can order tickets ahead of time for a few bucks off. Friday and Saturday do charge. Parking is the killer on Friday so you'll want to grab a cab or get there before 3:00 p.m. Shuttles run from a lot of the hotels, too.

You are welcome to party with us. The more the better. We will be having a live band at our site for some of the comps this year, just don't know if they will make the trip to KC or not.

My son lives just down the road from you in Lavon. Love your old downtown area.

That is awesome guys! Much appreciated - will definitely come party with y'all. Going to get a hotel booked in advance as I hear they fill up fast!

We will be in spot 918, and your more than welcome to hang/shig/crash there.

we are boring. just keep walking down to poobahs...he has the chilled milk and fresh oreos

My kid has discovered the female coeds, so he stays home now with them...but theres usually tequilla in the freezer. :) :thumb:

LOL nice - reservations have been made :) Looking forward to meeting y'all!

Back