sausage making class...should I?

chriscw81

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Can any brethren offer any insight on sausage making classes? I'm considering taking a class offered near me. It's a butcher shop i get meat from sometimes. It's a class offered by Olde Towne Butcher in Fredericksburg, VA. It' only $40 so I would think it's a really short class. I'm wondering if it's even worth it with all the info i have access too here. i'm completely new to sausage making and dont even have the gear to do it yet. Here is the link to the class i'm considering:

http://oldetownebutcher.com/services.html

If nothing else, i'd get some sausage out of the deal :mrgreen:

chris

When is the next class? I will join you if you decide to take the class. I am making sausage for the first time tomorrow.

Although the information highway flows abundantly here, hands on is pretty cool. Forty bucks, I say do it.

When is the next class? I will join you if you decide to take the class. I am making sausage for the first time tomorrow.

i havent called about the class times yet. i just told wifey tonight the class would make a great sausage stuffer :thumb: When i find out the class dates and times i will let ya know.

Although the information highway flows abundantly here, hands on is pretty cool. Forty bucks, I say do it.

I'm thinking i will, dont know when though. i figured if it isnt good then i'm only out $40 and i may end up meeting people interested in the same stuff as me. if nothing else maybe i'll get to know my local butcher better

For $40, I say do it, especially since you get 5lbs of sausage too. Just getting to do some stuffing practice is good. For me, that is the hardest part. Especially since I do it by myself.

I think it would be well worth it. I wish something like that was offered when I first got into it. It would of saved me a lot of mistakes!! Let us know how it works out for ya.

I'm sure you will get more than the $40 worth of info, tips, and as you said, at least get to know the butcher a lot better. I'd pay $40 bucks just to get to know the butcher a bit better.
Do it! I'd be all over that!

Bob

yep, it's a done deal. i'm definitely gonna take the class. hopefully it isn't in the evening because i work nights. who am i kidding? i'd take off work for it :mrgreen:

don't know when i'm gonna go to the class but i'll definitely share with the brethren how it was afterwards.

Oh heck yeah, that looks like a lot of fun! Looking forward to your follow up post.

I've been making it a couple years, but I only know what I've gotten from books and on this site and a couple other places. I would jump at the chance to take a class like that with a pro, especially for $40 - no question whatsoever. :thumb:

Or I'll just wait for your tutorial with pron - that's coming soon right? :clap2:

I've been making it a couple years, but I only know what I've gotten from books and on this site and a couple other places. I would jump at the chance to take a class like that with a pro, especially for $40 - no question whatsoever. :thumb:

Or I'll just wait for your tutorial with pron - that's coming soon right? :clap2:

One thing my brethren can bet on is I'll share everything I learn. Can't promise my post will be as nice as others.....but I'll post :)

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Always wanted to try it then thought well we really don't eat that much sausage so I guess I'll leave it to the pros and just buy theres.

Back