• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First crack at sausage, feedback?

grantw

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
It's all pork butt, basically guessed at what I was doing, think I may have hit it with abit much smoke or not I'm real torn. What do y'all think of the smoke ring?
BC769089-F60D-4378-8D36-9B253ABBECA1-35983-00001901391B70F0.jpg

B36490AF-66D5-410C-89C7-6FF80F822B67-36031-000019065BD83CC5.jpg

Looks pretty good to me for guessing. I would actually have to eat some to tell about too much smoke.

Looks great! Especially for your first time. I don't think it's too much smoke. When I make andouille or other smoked sausage I like the smoke to penetrate all the way to the middle. I smoke at 180 until an enternal temp of 150. I also like to hang my meat so you don't get any grill marks. Cheers!

Last edited:
I figured out what the taste was marjoram leaves, used abit too much, it's still good but a hint of bitter. I tasted them by themselves and that's for sure what it is

I dont believe I would have a problem eating that....................
I have noticed that when i smoke brats they seem to take on a lot of color and get a tough skin but are very tasty.

Looks like its awaiting a big pot of Gumbo or Jambalaya :grin:.....nice!!!!

Didn't cure it, cooked at 225

Looks good to me....... Your finished pic looks excellent! .... What temp did you cook it too?

Sometimes, the best sausages are just stuff you mix up as you feel it..... I have been trying to keep better notes :wink:

Looks great. Question is.....what do YOU think?

My taste-a-vision isn't working right now. :becky:

Looks good to me. I just started making my own this year. do you have a stuffer or do you use an attachment on your grinder. I definitely need to get a stuffer, the grinder is a pain to stuff with.

I used my grinder to stuff it, another question is , is cure needed when I cooked at 225?

Back