Smoker build-slowly but surely

You have some talent Muscrat!! Very cool build! Awesome score on the wheels/tires!! I can't wait for your next update!!:clap2::clap2:

Thanks guys I've really put my heart and soul in this thing. Absolutely the nicest thing I have built.

I just hope it works!!!

That looks great. I think that you're really going to wish that you had sliding shelves. I would also consider adding a second shelf. Here's an example.

P1000168.jpg

Yes I plan on adding a shelf on the left side.

I still am having trouble figuring out how I'm gonna do that space on the back beside the firebox. I have a fish cooker and a wok and stuff. I just can't wrap my head around how to build it and it match the rest of the rig!!!

Man this has been fun to watch.......thanks for posting! Can I back up and ask a really simple/stupid question? On the boxes, how do you bend the steel in such a perfect line? Thx.

The place where I get all the steelhas a sheer and a brake and they do it. I just Give them the demensions and they cut it and bend it. Each brake and each sheer are $5. It gets expensive but it's worth it!!

I went to add the second shelf and I don't have enough room. The grill isn't set low enough in the chamber. There really won't be enough room between the upper and lower. So nix that idea!!!

As for the empty space on the back, put a charcol grill in there. Yours is almost the same as mine, I put a grill there with some storage underneath for little things and it works great. I use it for crisping chicken, carmalizing sauces, and just makin burgers and stuff after all the stress of a comp is over.

Looks AWESOME! How much does the whole package weigh?? Heavy on the tounge?? I just flipped through all the pages and you have a good eye for design and fab work!

Not sure how much it weighs yet. The firebox is about 350 or better so that helps the tongue weight. It's not too bad I can pick it up but everything that needs to be added is forward of the axel unless I plan on adding something in the rear beside the firebox.

I figure it'll be 1500lbs when finished

Muscrat. I love the build your doing. My question is how are your going to finish it? I mean are you going to paint or powder coat and what kind of design are you looking at? Also, I'm sure this has been asked, but does it have the reverse flow heat design same as like a Jambo pit would have? Thanks in advance.

It is built the same as a jambo but isn't reverse flow. If you think about it the principle is the same-heat comes it at grate level, exits great level. The thing is it doesn't have to travel the length of the chamber before turning and traveling back through the chamber again.

As far as the paint goes I have gotton hooked up with a local powder coating place and they are gonna ceramic coat the box and chamber. The toolboxes and trailer will be a different color. I was thinking red but my artistic abilities SUCK!!! So it will be powder coated just not sure what color or colors!!!

Man, you do fantastic work. Great design. I agree with Luke Duke that sliding shelves are nice to have. That's a mean machine. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Bet it's gonna be a beauty.

Thanks for all the compliments guys I sure appreciate it. Weird thing is this project is something I haven't gotton tired of working on. Usually I get board with them and loose interest.

Only thing I'm tired of is laying in bed and thinking about all the cool stuff I'll be able to do with it. I'm ready for a good night sleep! LOL

Back