The BBQ Brethren Win Grand Champion!

Boshizzle

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I have stumbled on a way to cook more BBQ without costing me money to do so. I have started offering to cook BBQ for friends and relatives just so I can get outside and cook on my keg and UDS more often without costing me a lot of money.

A friend asked me to cook him 10 pounds of baby backs this past Friday. Of course, I jumped at the chance. I cooked them on one of my Bubba Kegs and had a lot of fun doing it. Here is his report on the ribs:

"OMG The ribs were fantastic! Tender, juicy, flavorful, way too good to put into words. My son absolutely refused to put any BBQ sauce on his because he said they tasted too good to ruin with BBQ sauce. I really don't have any words to describe them. And the best part is that we actually have enough for everyone to eat for lunch tomorrow. I, for one, can't wait. I can't thank you enough for cooking these for us."

So, I got a chance to spend some time outside cooking some BBQ and made some people really happy with a good meal at the same time. That's the value of this site. A lot of what I have learned right here from the brethren went into those ribs. I'll take that kind of GC appreciation over a KCBS grand champion trophy any day. Sorry, no pr0n.

Yep, it's a lot of fun. And, this "My son absolutely refused to put any BBQ sauce on his because he said they tasted too good to ruin with BBQ sauce." is music to my ears. My goal has always been to cook BBQ good enough that it doesn't need sauce.

Congrats! I agree that is worth more than all the rewards. In November I went up to Illinois to visit my daughter. I bought a Hondo smoker and brought it with me and we cooked her a brisket, pulled pork and some ribs. Filled her freezer. Watching her enjoy the que was worth more to me than any award I could ever earn.

Congrats! I agree that is worth more than all the rewards. In November I went up to Illinois to visit my daughter. I bought a Hondo smoker and brought it with me and we cooked her a brisket, pulled pork and some ribs. Filled her freezer. Watching her enjoy the que was worth more to me than any award I could ever earn.

No doubt about it!

Yep, it's a lot of fun making people happy with BBQ. And, I I like to cook as much as I like to eat it.

That's really what it's all about, making great food, cooked low and slow, with smoke and fire, then sharing it with friends and family. When people ask me the definition of barbecue, that's what I tell them.

It's great to get that positive feedback, congratulations! :thumb::thumb:

Back