Chicken BLTs - Throwdown Style

Shagdog

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I wouldn't normally post a sandwich on here, but the dagwood throwdown is happening so.......

OK, the players - Chicken, Tomatoes, Lettuce, Avocado, Italian Bread, Home made bacon.

First things first, gotta get the chicken prepped and into the marinade. I butterfly the boneless breasts, and hammer them to an even thickness - about 1/2"

Next I prep the marinade. A couple lemons, some onion, some garlic

I mix those up with a bottle of italian dressing, some salt, crushed red pepper, chipotle powder, white wine, and whatever else sounds good at the time.. I usually put it all together in ziploc bags, but I was out of those today, so pyrex it is..

Couple hours later I fire up the weber. Its a balmy 8 today...

While the weber gets ready I make some of my home made pepper bacon. I love this stuff. I put Sriracha in the cure, really gives the bacon some extra depth, without being spicy.

Chicken hits the weber -

Add some smoked pepperjack and cheddar I made a while back

Stack it up for some gratuitous photos. Stacking went - Bread, mayo, chicken, cheese, bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomato, mayo, bread... x 4 Final sandwich stood almost 10 inches tall!

Of course I didn't eat it like that... This was for the dagwood throwdown afterall... Here's how the final sandwiches looked

They were AWESOME! Everything blended together for an outstanding bite every time. Chicken was super juicy and flavorful. Thanks for lookin'.

whos half landarc has half and i have the other half

OK sounds like a great plan we'll have all meats covered I''m thinkin

Nice!!! Gotta good brew there also!

Hell yea. Founders is good stuff! Especially the higher octane ones.. Love the dirty bastard because its delicious, 8.5%, and they sell it in 6 packs instead of 4's.

Stacked or broken down, THAT is one fine arse Dagwood, Shagdog. Dagwood Shagdog, say that five times:grin:

I tried... Couldn't do it, but I'm 4 Dirty Bastards in now...

_MG_6563_zpsc0a6f539.jpg

Farkin' fantastic SD!!! :mrgreen:

Good looking sammich and that bacon looks awesome.

Last edited:
Nice DoF on that lemon photo :) You're killing me with that sandwich--stomach is growling.. .Mmmm!

Back