THE Shirley Fabrication Photo Thread

Don't forget us gals! I'm really developing some serious arm muscles!

268FE6C9-157A-4FA0-8C1D-8110A177FFC7_zpsfowck43l.jpg

Shagdog,

Great idea for a thread, this should help tide me over til October, plus give me ideas for stuff to add to my build before Paul gets started. Your first pic is currently serving as my Windows wallpaper at work.

awscwi,

I see you've got the hip roof on the warmer, how much extra height does that give you?

Last edited:
My Shirley, my story

I have a rather cool story of how I got my pit from Paul.

It all started with him seeing posts about my charity BBQ efforts for homeless and veterans groups. Paul sent me a very generous donation of money to help pay for cooks.

Then one day, out of the blue, Paul tells me he is going to built a pit and donate it to the cause!!

Now I have never met Paul in person, just talked over the phone and online.

I could not accept this!! But you know Paul, the next thing I know he is custom making me a pit!

I have limited space so he designed a trailer with a narrow stance, this was the first one he had done like this, Taylor had come up with the idea (I see Nachos looks like the same design) and it came out great!

I had a big cook coming up and was having some logistic issues getting it from him. Come to find out his wife Sharon was driving to Cincinnati to see her daughter and new baby and could bring the pit with her.

Great I thought. So we meet at a restaurant one Saturday and have lunch, then I find out that not only has she ever pulled a trailer before, but the night before she left Paul slapped a trailer hitch on her car just for this!! And she drove though a rainstorm to get here.

Unbelievable!!

Anyway here are a few pics. The first one is Sharon and me when I picked up the pit. Its a 24 X 60

The last pic is from Michigan Veterans Foundation Stand Down picnic, they presented me an award for Michigan Custom Que's efforts.

Attachments

• IMG_2330.jpg
    IMG_2330.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 1,968
  • IMG_2333.jpg
    IMG_2333.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 1,953
  • IMG_2347_zpsc1269f8b.jpg
    IMG_2347_zpsc1269f8b.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 1,952
  • IMG_2354_zps323ba7a6.jpg
    IMG_2354_zps323ba7a6.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 1,946
  • homles 020.JPG
    homles 020.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 1,968
That's an awesome story. Had I heard it 2 weeks ago I would have been completely floored, BUT, now that I've met Paul and Sharon, I'm not even surprised a little. That is exactly the kind of people that they are. Just amazing. I wish there were more people like them out there, the world would be a better place. Thanks for sharing!

Buttburner,
Are you like 7 foot??? You make that Shirley look like a toy.:mrgreen:

fnbish won his on here. Paul donated that one too. I forget the cause
That was for the Gainesville Jaycees Empty Stocking Fund back in Nov 2013...as that is when I won my SS2, also :wink:

Now back to more Shirley pr0n! :thumb:

Back