Food Festivals

L

lazybonesmoke1

What kind of bbq (smoked) foods would you do for a summer (July 4th )food festival? Something cool and different!

Armadillo eggs,
Turkey legs, (probably done too much already)
Chicken leg lollipops

That's a start. This should be interesting.

The equipment i have to use are a smker, a grill, and maybe a steam table. i do not want to prepare too much on site but would rather do it at the restaurant and finish it there.I did it last year and it went good. I had mini pulled pork sandwiches, rib tips, sliced brisket, and beef burnt ends. all of which sold out every night. i could not keep up. i did alot of prep there (slicing brisket, pulling pork, etc. i need something easy but something that will sell. it will be in detroit.

lazybonesmoke1 said:
what are fatties?

Take a look at the "roadmap" at the top of the Q-Talk section.
Lots of good info on Fatties and other common topics.

I believe you can find it at posting #12

them chicken lollipops are good for festivals cause they have their own handles built in. you could also make bacon wrapped smoked scallops on skewers, mini pizzas, huli huli chicken kabobs with pineapple and my favorite... boneless country ribs(maybe even jerk style). good luck. let us know how it turns out.
phil

Lazybonesmoke1,

Welcome to the forum. Why not go to the Cattle Call forum and introduce yourself to the gang. My suggestion would be Tri Tip.

Back