First Meat loaf

2ndchance

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Since I came to this site ans saw my Bretheren smoking meatloaf and I had to try it. All I can say is WOW!! It was moist and full of smokey flavor. My only comment is that I think I smoked at to high a temp because there wasn't a large smoke ring. While at FL getting the hamburger they had a 3 pack of Turkey legs so I figured they could keep the Meatloaf company.

I used the Weber kettle and the Meatloaf recipie that we always use with the addition of an Apple wood rub dusting and store bought BBQ sauce on top. The Turkey legs were brined in an Apple Juice brine and rubbed with the same rud that I used on the meat loaf.

Sundat I was given about 3 dozen Oysters so I fired up the Smokey Joe and thyew down :p

How do like the custom Oyster knife that brother in law made for me. It's real handy for eating Oysters right off the grill.

That looked like a very acceptable smoke ring for meat loaf. You have to be careful with ground meat, because it takes on smoke easily, so it can easily be over smoked.

Looks and sounds fantastic! Love that oyster knife too. :-D

Looks very good! To me meat loaf is good however we fix it, but the smoker really adds to it.

Back