Most recent smoker adventure

flashhole

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
The maiden voyage for my first beef brisket was today. A small brisket flat from a small steer, 4.4 pounds. Made my own rub inspired by recipes I found on this forum and used a few tips from a tall Texan who owns the Chuck Wagon in Huntsville, Alabama. His brisket is outstanding.

So far so good, the outside temp was low 70's. That's 50 degrees warmer than the last smoker episode when it was in the 20's and I was smoking a large pork butt. It came up to temp pretty quickly and I was able to keep the cooking temp stable at ~200 degrees referencing the thermometer in the lid of the cooker. It's presently wrapped in foil and "standing" on the counter in the kitchen. It didn't have a lot of fat on the top so I used some fatty pork bacon as a substitute. The bacon was delicious.

Most likely won't eat it until tomorrow and I will report back with details on the taste bud test. Bon appetite.

The maiden voyage for my first beef brisket was today. A small brisket flat from a small steer, 4.4 pounds. Made my own rub inspired by recipes I found on this forum and used a few tips from a tall Texan who owns the Chuck Wagon in Huntsville, Alabama. His brisket is outstanding.

So far so good, the outside temp was low 70's. That's 50 degrees warmer than the last smoker episode when it was in the 20's and I was smoking a large pork butt. It came up to temp pretty quickly and I was able to keep the cooking temp stable at ~200 degrees referencing the thermometer in the lid of the cooker. It's presently wrapped in foil and "standing" on the counter in the kitchen. It didn't have a lot of fat on the top so I used some fatty pork bacon as a substitute. The bacon was delicious.

Most likely won't eat it until tomorrow and I will report back with details on the taste bud test. Bon appetite.

Share some pictures as well if you can.... Sounds yummy

Back