• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

brisket question after the cook?

ButtBurner

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hey buds

I am in the middle of a brisket cook

It probably wont be done until 7-8 pm

I was not planning on having it for dinner, so how should I handle it?

Put it in the fridge until tomorrow, then reheat in the oven?

What about the leftovers? Vac seal I would guess. Its only my wife and I so it wont all get eaten tomorrow

any tips on this situation would be greatly appreciated!!!

I let it rest tented loosely under some foil in a sheet pan on the counter top until the temp drops to 140 then wrap it tight in Plastic wrap. you can safely reheat it in the Plastic wrap in a low oven with out over cooking or drying out, Only slice what you need for a meal it will help to retain moisture in what is left. I would cut the leftovers it into meal sized chunks not slices to Vacusuc & freeze.

Hey buds

I am in the middle of a brisket cook

It probably wont be done until 7-8 pm

I was not planning on having it for dinner, so how should I handle it?

Put it in the fridge until tomorrow, then reheat in the oven?

What about the leftovers? Vac seal I would guess. Its only my wife and I so it wont all get eaten tomorrow

any tips on this situation would be greatly appreciated!!!

I'm in a similar situation (cooking mostly for two.) I slice and put in FoodSaver bags and freeze for future meals. Just today I asked SWMBO if she preferred me to get pulled pork, brisket, spare ribs, baby back ribs, chicken or turkey from the freezer. She chose chicken and I grabbed some pulled pork.

Back to your immediate problem... After the brisket rests I predict a late evening snack. Refrigerate the rest and slice it in the morning. Or slice while warm and refrigerate after. I think the beef will firm a bit when cold and that will make slicing easier.

I either reheat in the microwave or in a covered cast iron pan. I usually sauce a little before I reheat but if you collect some juices as it rests, that would work as well.

If I am going to refrigerate, I like to rest meat for a couple of hours, then place in an oven bag or similar and crash cool it in ice water. Then wrap in plastic wrap, whole, and refrigerate.

The next day, slice what I need for dinner. Then chunk into portions and freeze. I don't like slicing either, of course, I don't have a vacuum packer, and that would be different.

thanks!!!!

its done!!!!

I went to probe it just now, nothing but buttah......

man oh man

I am really surprised it cooked so quick!!!

shocked is a better word!!!!

I guess I am living right!!!!

Last edited:
Looks just about perfect to me. after a sample:wink: I would pronounce it perfect.

Holy fark that looks good! If I was a bettin man I would bet that the amount of leftovers are going to be less than you first thought.

Time for the difficult choice...a big moist slice from the middle or all of the flavor from the ends. It looks awesome!

The recommendation to slice later confirms my hunch from several weeks back when even the next day the brisket that i sliced was so dry I had to slather in sauce.

Back