View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 10:58 AM   #4
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrustTheDust View Post
So... do you need some help?

I did participate in the GAB last year helping judge as a non-certified help. But I do plan to get KCBS certified and do more of it this year.
Thanks for the tips.
Trust me, you don't want my help. I am a comp noob, a longtime comp noob. I do not compete regularly enough to be anything more than a noob. I only know all this because I've been looking at it from this same perspective as a noob for a few years, and this is always the advice doled out by the guys who are the REAL experts. I've seen people who took that advice go on and do very, very well. Many members here went from being a noob to winning comps, they can chime in with their thoughts, and I'm sure they will. In the end, you have to compete a lot more than i do to really get anywhere IMHO.

There is a subforum in the Competition BBQ forum specifically geared to help you called BBQ Brethren Team Mentoring. You might want to make a post over there and see what comes up.
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=49

BTW, have you signed up fro a CBJ class? I'm attending the one in May in Overland Park. Maybe I'll see you there?
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote