lobster rolls, care to share your recipe?

Yeah that post with all the lobsters is insane!

Not at all uncommon in these parts. If I am having lobstah I buy 14 to 16 just to have left overs.

@ Paulthenurse: If I get what you're sayin you are making lobstah cakes without bread crumbs. Or did I read that wrong? Sounds good but not a lobstah roll IMO. You got it right on the slider if served hot.:wink:

True, not a lobster roll, per se. For us it's just another way to serve them. I guess you could say it's a lobster cake, but the pureed scallops and egg white are the binding agent, any mayo is just a condiment.

PTN

True, not a lobster roll, per se. For us it's just another way to serve them. I guess you could say it's a lobster cake, but the pureed scallops and egg white are the binding agent, any mayo is just a condiment.

PTN

Thanks for the clarification :wink: I might actually have to try that as the wife don't like mayo and loves scallops.

i'm making these again tomorrow. i've got some beautiful local shrimp and a large lobster tail i'm going to grill. homemade mayo, paprika, a little celery, green onion, rice wine vinegar, cracked assorted peppercorns.... maybe that's it. i'll post pics when i do it.

We had several lobster rolls last weekend. I'm still a firm believer that less is more. We use just a touch of mayo to hold things together, with big chunks of lobster meat... Toast a New England style hot dog bun, and pile on the lobster. A touch of salt and pepper is about the only other thing we'll add.

I made a lobster roll in a crepe for the Crepe Throwdown last year. Cook thread is --> HERE

The grilling of the loster didn't add any significant flavor to the mix though it was fun. Buttered new england style hot dog buns are better than crepes too for the record but that was a fun thing to try.

i just finished making these up and since i was using shrimp and lobster, i decided to mix it up a little bit. i made some homemade mayo, some finely diced celery, green onion, old bay, cracked peppercorn medley, paprika.....

74be8924.jpg

1202749e.jpg

67aba2b2.jpg

ed868bd9.jpg

b4a8c4a0.jpg

495efcf9.jpg

f32220df.jpg

1f6b1278.jpg

2f8ff519.jpg

it's in the refrigerator now.... eating this for dinner.

Looks great so far.

I'm formerly from MA. Here in MO I can't get the New England style hot dog buns. the others are just not the same. :tsk:

Back