New member in the family

sleebus.jones

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Just picked this Cookshack PG1000 up yesterday. Found it on Craigslist for half price...and it has a 19-Apr-18 manufacture date! I don't think it has had more than about 30# of pellets through it. Did steaks last night, holy cow does that chargriller WORK! Today I'm doing pork cracklin' followed up by a sirloin tip roast. Really looking forward to some great cooks from this gizmo!

a1Rmjebh.jpg

Last edited:
I've never seen one of those before... but I sure look forward to seeing your future adventures!

Cheap enough that you can just enjoy playing with it.

My problem with a lot of these cookers is that the ones I find used are so expensive that I can't just pick them up and play. People always seem to be fixated on " I paid... for that".:cry:
So many of them are just worth scrap metal prices.

Until I fix the design problems.:becky: Anyone else find that Pop rivets and scrap metal can solve a lot of problems?

Aren’t you worried about no smoke ring! Aren’t you concerned with alder wood.

Aren’t you concerned???????

:p

Congratulations!!

Aren’t you worried about no smoke ring! Aren’t you concerned with alder wood.

Aren’t you concerned???????

:p

Congratulations!!

LOL!

I see that and all I hear is :blah::blah::blah::blah: meanwhile I'm searing my Sirloin Tip roast!

ujS2eEZh.jpg

Really cool. Enjoy!!

So here's the Sirloin Tip roast that I did today. Cooked perfect, but I think it could have been pulled at 135° rather than 130°. Still very tasty and very even edge-to-edge cook.

ZHYM21bl.jpg

FBfa6q3l.jpg

Back