• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Finally gave in and.....

smokeyokie

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Built me a UDS, I have had all kinds of smokers and getting ready to build a vertical/box insulated smoker, thats another story tho:tape: Anyway been here a while and I finally built a UDS, its ugly alright gotta add a few creature comforts to it BUT.... I cooked BB and butt on it yesterday and I must say it may be the best que I have done with minimal effort. I gotta say all u brethren that have built and love the UDS I understand fully now and I cant believe I waited this long to build it. Thanks again "Brethren" I am gonna do some jerk chicken today and I will post some pics. If you dont have a UDS.. go ahead bite the bullet and build it, you wont be sorry
SMoke on Brothers and SIsters!!!!!:thumb:
I still have hinges, handles and sandblast and paint the outside, also install shelves, you get the idea, I couldnt wait to cook on it...

Last edited:
Well here is a pic of a Irish Red Ale homebrew I am enjoying while my chicken gets done

Last edited:
Like I've wrote before, wish I had my UDS years ago but, glad to have it now.
You have a good start, enjoy enjoy enjoy.

I built my uds this past April, one of the best things that I have ever built. As many have said, I should have built on years ago. When I built my uds, I also bought a Maverick thermometer. Now my smoking is like cooking in the oven with smoke. I basically set my temps, and let the uds do its thing. I occasionally have to tweak the ball valve, but that is about all. If I do my part with the preparation and seasoning, then I get some fine que in return. Thanks for the instructions on building an uds. :grin:

Back