First time - All nighter

BBQ Bandit

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
First all-nighter (Pron added)

Starting off with 10 lb picnic shoulder @ 1:30 AM Tuesday morning
Add (2) 2 lb chuckies @ 7:00 AM
Add (3) racks ribs @ 9:00 AM
Around noon Tuesday... the ABT's and stuffed mushrooms.

Will add pron @ daybreak.
(Working with the modded BSKD)

Wish me luck... now for a power nap.

Last edited:
7:00 AM pron

Got a few naps in between 2:00 AM and 6:00 AM

Picnic shoulder @ 140* (drizzled with AJ)

PICT0321.jpg

Chuckies just added (honey cajun rub/sweet hot)

PICT0319.jpg

Now where is that teddy bear at....snooze.

WAKE UP!!!! And take more pics - hope that butt is coolered by now....

I am not a night person. Luckily my son works nights which helps with an all night cook

Looks good! All nighters to me are a lot of fun, smelling the smoke in the peace of the night is really cool.

All nighters with a BGE means stabilizing the temp, putting on the butts, make sure temp stabilizes and then go to bed!:biggrin: The smell of my pillow!!!:mrgreen::biggrin:
Large BGEs cook without any fussing with for over 20 hours on a full firebox of lump. Life of an Egghead is very good!:cool::cool::icon_cool

Looking good so far.

(Except that first picture looks like something out of ALIEN)

Can't wait to see the finished product! I like the late nights with no one around and the quiet night air. Now WAKE UP and post some pron!

All nighters with a BGE means stabilizing the temp, putting on the butts, make sure temp stabilizes and then go to bed!:biggrin: The smell of my pillow!!!:mrgreen::biggrin:
Large BGEs cook without any fussing with for over 20 hours on a full firebox of lump. Life of an Egghead is very good!:cool::cool::icon_cool

I see your really trying to get me to take the plunge. I think it's working! :-D

Surprised myself... its all edible!

This was my biggest challenge to myself so far...
The end results:

The pork...
PICT0331.jpg

The chuckies... (success - finally)
PICT0335.jpg

The ribs (memphis style), abt's and chicken thighs (at the last moment) ...
PICT0345.jpg

Total cook time: 12 hours approximately.
Cleaning up (big time mess)
Daughter visiting... doing dishes... priceless!

Nicee job, seems like last night was the night for "first timers" as I had my own as well. I could never fit all that on my WSM. Looks good.

Good job brother! I love stick burners. Of course, sleep isn't a big concern for me. I also like the fact that I mastered an art tending fire. It's an art that some people don't want to learn or have but like sleep better.

Looks great Bandit - congrats on your first over nighter. Closest we have come is getting up 3 am - once....

Back