where do you order meats online?

coastal

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Around here it is a grocery store dominated tourism area with only 1 real butcher aboutb20 miles away. I usually get pork and such from publix or sams but it can be hit or miss certian times of the year and can be hard to get certian cuts I will want on occasion.

What is a good online site for meats at a good price?

Thanks

I would absolutely NEVER order meats online. I want to pick/see the meat I am paying for!

Do you know anybody in food service that has an account with Sysco, Chenny bros or whatever distributor is in your area. I have a connection and its nice great meat better price than sams, the only down side is you have to get a case at a time. Even a restaurant you frequent, its no big deal for them to throw an extra case on their order.

I only buy local. I want to see it and know I can take it somewhere if there is a problem with it.

Years ago, SWMBO got an Omaha Steaks gift basket from work. I personally think they're a little overrated, but was intrigued by the whole delivery process.

FWIW, the meat was okay. The steaks were really thin, but pretty decent quality.

That 20 mile drive is looking better and better... Me, I'd never order meat on-line. I have no experience with the ones listed above, but to me the risk far outweighs any benefit.

For what it's worth, I get 100% of my BBQ meat directly from a meat processing plant, and funny, it's 21 miles each direction...

Ease doesn't replace quality.

That 20 mile drive is looking better and better... Me, I'd never order meat on-line. I have no experience with the ones listed above, but to me the risk far outweighs any benefit.

For what it's worth, I get 100% of my BBQ meat directly from a meat processing plant, and funny, it's 21 miles each direction...

Ease doesn't replace quality.

Yea it is. The Farmers Market also has some decent cuts of meat but that can be hit and miss and is only a couple times a week and the meat guys dont always show up. Maybe I should just get to talking to them and find out where they are located. Their farm might be a little closer.

Its just frustrating now having a neighborhood butcher

Yea it is. The Farmers Market also has some decent cuts of meat but that can be hit and miss and is only a couple times a week and the meat guys dont always show up. Maybe I should just get to talking to them and find out where they are located. Their farm might be a little closer.

Its just frustrating now having a neighborhood butcher

I recall as a kid growing up, my mother would call-in her meat order. It was at a local grocery store. You could see the hanging beef and pork in there... You could buy the stuff of their regular cuts, or special-order as mom did.

I haven't seen one of those in YEARS... It's a shame.

Talk to the meat guy at Publix or Sam's, they are usually very helpful. They will usually stock the shelves with what they project will sell, but will cut what you need if they can get it.

Back