Some Tamales

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I used some of the spicy Zaaschila chipotle cremosa smoked pork to make a batch of tamales...

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=71434

088-1.jpg

I soaked my husks overnight...
002-1.jpg

cooked some onions, jalapenos and garlic til tender then added some of the Zaaschila chipotle smoked pork butt.
Also added a bit of chili sauce.

008-1-1.jpg

not the neatest job. :)

019-2-1.jpg

021-2-1.jpg

I steamed them for about 45 minutes...

035-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

They were tasty!

038-2-1.jpg

044-1-1.jpg

I had enough to last all weekend. lol

054-1.jpg

Thank you for checking out my weekend tamales. :)

I should have figured the butt wasn't going to be the end of it this weekend. I love tamales! Great job.

Thank you Paul, Bull, Neighbor and Rich!
Paul and Neighbor, I bet you could make it here before these are all gone. :biggrin:

Rich I still have plans for the rest of my butt. :-D

Looks good - Big Al is asking how long it would take to get to your place..I told him I'd drive!:p

Jeanie I bow to the wonder of your culinary skills...... mmmmmmm..... that sure looks tasty.....

Thank you Jeanie....to Norman Ok...hmmm 1597.49 miles, just might have to rethink this....:wink:

LM, come on over! :-D
Ross...thank you! :wink:
Ken, it is I who bows to your smoking prowess.:-D
Todd, that sounds great. I do wish I had a Mexican beer to go with these. Thanks!
Paul, if you drive, I might have to make another batch. (and could you pick up some mexican beer on the way?) lol
Good idea Michael. Thanks! :biggrin:

Lookin' Good.
I was wondering what army you were making those for....................Brethren Army perhaps:grin:

Thank you George and Shawn!
I had a couple for breakfast this morning... still have several to go. lol

Eat them all. After all your drinking light beer. man i gotta get me some Tamales. Great job.

Back