• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Trying to get started in VT

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Catamountvt

Hello my name is Chris and I am a newbie to both smoking and to online forums. I am at the point where I want to progres from grilling to smoking. My smoking experience is limited to a few attempts at smoking ribs. My first attempt was in a charchol smoker (that I could not keep lit or control the temp very well) and the second time I borrowed my buddy's Treager with more success, but was not as good as I hoped. My experiece with the Treager has me convinced that a pellet smoker is the way to go for me. However, I also have another requirement. I need my smoker to also be my grill. This means I need to have direct heat that is hot enough to sear steaks (650+ degrees). My research has me leaning towrd a MAK grill. I could really use some advice.

Welcome Catamountvt from The Land of the Buckeye Nut :becky: This is great place to learn and if you having something to share ... Put it out there :thumb: You have come to the right place for some great advice and great people!

Welcome Chris, come on in, take your shoes off and sit a spell.

Thanks Guys. I appreciate the welcome. I am trying to learn how to navigate the forum. Any advice you can provide would be appreaciated. Do members really own all the smokers listed in the signature? What would be the best thread to post on to get some advice about purchasing a pellet smoker?

Welcome aboard Chris, enjoy what you learn and share what you know, it's what we do here.

Welcome to the forum Chris!
I have a Memphis Pro that smokes at 180 and sears at 650.. so far I love it. :-D

Welcome brother pull up a chair and have an ice cold Yueling lager beer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back