Jambo - Ordering end of Month

GMDGeek

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Finally going to get a new pit. Took a long time and a lot of looking, reading, researching, and seeing pits hands on to make the decision. I decided on a Jambo Economy ... He is local to me, solid reputation, and I like the over all pit. If I should out grow it then I'll find a bigger one (if the wife allows).

I am getting the boiler door upgraded and adding my team logo. Is there any particular reason for going with a Chrome stack?

Also I posed the question in another post; While the pit is at Jambo, should I or should I not go ahead and have 2 ports added for Guru's? I know that by itself the box is very efficient. I've also read several posts in various forums about people who have added the Guru to the Jambo and picked up another 30 to 40 minutes of burn and/or accurate temp control. I would really like to know what you would do.

no guru... and i got the chrome stack for flash...you will have the same setup as us with that order...

I'd definitely get the chrome stack - really sets the pit apart from "normal" pits IMHO!

Sent from my Incredible (2) Droid

You put a guru on it and the Jambo police will come take it away from you. Absolutely no need for one. There is no better pit in my opinion, I guess that's why I just ordered my 3rd one.

Thanks guys ... appreciate the feedback. I guess then my question is what do you use to monitor your temps? I liked that the Wireless Guru would let me track all of that ... I can use my phone/tablet to remotely check meat temps, pit temps.

Thanks guys ... appreciate the feedback. I guess then my question is what do you use to monitor your temps? I liked that the Wireless Guru would let me track all of that ... I can use my phone/tablet to remotely check meat temps, pit temps.

Congrats! I pick mine up from Jamie tomorrow.

I got the J1 / Baby J. 3 meats in Texas, its big enough. When I do KCBS, I'll take one of my cans and make it work.

While I doubt you'll need it, if you want it and have the budget for it, add it.

It's your pit not ours and if you think you'll regret it don't come back blaming this crowd of knuckle heads. Its your money do what you want with it, we certainly did what we wanted with ours.

Worse that happens is you find out you don't need it, plug the ports and sell your electronics.

I've had mine just about 1/2 a year and I'm amazed .....uniform size chunks of wood has been my best temp guage.....I'm not the cook that most of these guys are but I absolutely love when it's a "cook" day.......

The boiler door is just flash. Better to save the money for your next pit.

It would not significantly increase the resell value of an econ, but it would be the DB thing to do.......

Back