• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Lawrence, Kansas May 11-12 (With RESULTS)

Jeff_in_KC

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Don't know of any other Brethren besides the Meatheads cooking this one. Good luck out there, guys! Give us a shout after awards and let us know how you did. We're spending Saturday night at Basswood in Platte City too.

where in lawrence is it? i would love to stop by the Freestate Brewery and get me a gallon jug of some good ol ale

hell i cant drive up from st. louis, just curious where they would have it. been 2 yrs since i been up there and i miss "home" aka Allen Field House aka the mothership

I can't believe I'm not out there. Chit! I LIVE here!

But . . . a SAD thing happened to me at lunch today. I ran outta Q!

So . . . I ask meself, does I wanna go watch other folk smoke up Broken Arrow Park? Or do I wanna smoke up some Q for my freezer?

Last year we got an invite to a party by the team Hy-Vee was sponsoring because my wife runs a Hy-Vee bakery - this year we had no invite.

Now it's almost 10PM - almost time for quiet time. I'm thinking I'll drop by tomorrow morning sometime.

Broken Arrow Park is where the greeks and the high school kids have their end-of-year mud volleyball tournaments. There's a bit of wetlands down in the south end of the park . . .

heh heh . . . mothership. I love George Clinton et al.

Judged this comp this afternoon but did not stick around for the results. There were good entries and a few not so good. There definately were some arrangements I was not expecting to see. Keeping true to the spirit of BBQ, I judged in fairness no matter what the cut of meat and how it was presented. I learned a lot today as a cook and would strongly urge you to judge at least one comp. Once judging was over, I stopped by the Meatheads camp to say hey and wish them the best. Thanks for the ribs guys, my kids lived them.

Results!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Way to go Waybe and crew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TIM
------------------------------------

Chicken
1 Mokan Meatheads
2 Hot Meat Smokers
3 The Slabs.com
4 Extreme Pork
5 Fat Guys BBQ
6 Jobo Smokers
7 Muchin Hogs at the Hilton
8 Jackpot BBQ
9 Ribs 4 U
10 The Grillbillies

Ribs
1 Munchin Hogs at the Hilton
2 All Night Smokers
3 Will Deal Catering and BBQ
4 Pickled Pig
5 Deal Last BBQ
6 Mad Hogs and an Englishman
7 P D T
8 Smokin Salmons
9 Smokin Hogs
10 Extreme Pork

Pork
1 Pickled Pig
2 Wood Brothers
3 Short Bus BBQ
4 Rock Your Belly BBQ
5 Munchin Hogs at the Hilton
6 Slabs.com
7 Will Deal Catering and BBQ
8 P D T
9 Smoke-N-Things
10 Dodge County Smokers

Brisket
1 P D T
2 Hot Meat Smokers
3 Mad Hogs and an Englishmen
4 Hoggy Style
5 Rub Me Tender Rub Me Sweet
6 Munchin Hogs at the Hilton
7 All Night Smokers
8 Beax Hawg BBQ
9 Short Bus BBQ
10 Grease Fire BBQ

Overall
GC Munchin Hogs at the Hilton
RGC PDT
3 Mokan Meatheads
4 Hot Meat Smokers
5 All Night Smokers
6 Slabs.com
7 Short Bus BBQ
8 Mad Hogs and an Englishmen
9 Will Deal Catering and BBQ
10 Extreme Pork

47 Teams

The Mokan Meatheads placed 3rd overall. Are they consistent or what! Way to go guys!

Edit: Guess I was a little late!

Congrats Meatheads! Another 1st in Chicken. If I recall at Warsaw Friday night a lot of smack was talked about the Meatheads chicken by Wayne. I guess that is what they needed!

Congratulations Wayne and Bob! 3rd overall with only one call in a 47 team contest means you're cooking all good, consistent stuff.

Mokan meatheads Rock! You guys are on fire... Can't wait to cook with you guys!!!

The Mokan Meatheads placed 3rd overall. Are they consistent or what! Way to go guys!

Edit: Guess I was a little late!

Randy - We need a margarita machine! Looks like the missing ingredient.

Back