New offset build started ( With Pics)

Very nice! Did you find that excell sheet you were talking about. Cant wait to see the finished pit.

Mav,

Sorry I forgot all about the spreadsheet. Here it is, I found it on the web, so credit to the original author.

Attachments

• timplate bbq form2.xls
    19.5 KB · Views: 115
Warming/Cooking box added tonight

I had to turn the smoker around in the garage tonight to allow enough room to work on the warming/cooker box because I have a hanging shelf over the rear of the garage, and couldn't weld on the top. Got the 3 sides onto it and tacked into place. It's finally beginning to take shape! I placed my "final" steel order today from the place that supplies my work, and that will be arriving by next Wednesday, so it will all be up to me after that. I've attached another picture for those that are following. I didn't have the camera with me tonight, so I took it with my cell phone, hence the crappy quality.

Attachments

• Smoker Warming Box.jpg
    Smoker Warming Box.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 594
Hi Chris,
UR a Smokin' Genius!

My brother has a heavy engineering business in Sydney... plasma table, the works... I can send him this thread, but I'd be really interested to know if you're going to compile a stepthough document or anything like that.

Man, I'll be pushing him to build this thing for me. As for myself, I don't know which end of a hammer to pick up..... Looking at what you have done is quite inspiring!

SmokinAussie, I hadn't planned on making any step by step, I may eventually create a blog about the build, but until then, this thread will have to do.

I made some more progress tonight, the upright shell is about done, just have to add a handle, make some shelves, and add some stacks. I really need a bigger garage now! Hopefully this weekend I'll pull it back out of the garage turn it around yet again, and get some good pictures of the whole thing. These will have to do for now.

Attachments

• 100_0309.jpg
    100_0309.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 530
  • 100_0310.jpg
    100_0310.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 528
  • 100_0311.jpg
    100_0311.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 528
  • 100_0314.jpg
    100_0314.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 527
This really looks great. How high is the firebox from the ground when the trailer hitch is mounted? Just discovered the thread and this is a hell of a project you have going!

Your BBQ

Nice...I've been wanting to do my own for years have fun finishing and please post pics as you go...

Holy cow!! (or pig, as per your region). I been away from Que talk way too long!!

She's a Beaut!!!

Thanks guys! More pictures in the next week or so. I haven't made much more progress, as I've been busy with school trying to finish up my bachelor's degree, but I have the handles on and the bracing on the firebox door done. Most importantly I can finally get it out of the garage so I can take some good pics. I need to get this finished as it's looking like I have a pig roast in April, two in july, and who knows what else.

Sorry everyone that was following. Haven't made any progress at all with the build in the past couple of months. I was really busy trying to finish up school, and then 6 weeks ago my grandma fell and broke her hip. I've been running stupid going between work, school, and the hospital. Grandma passed yesterday, and the funeral is Friday. Once things settle a bit I'll get back to it and finish it up. Pictures to come when I get time to work on it.

nice build cant wait to see how it will turn it. is that lid heavy to lift? wondering as i have some .375 wall pipe i am planning to make an offset smoker out of and i am thinking the door might be to heavy.

Back