OK this site makes you do strange things - ONLY the brethren would understand - gloves

Hook_Line_and_Sinker

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
OK reading the threads on the board about food handling and safety and all. I figured I should reconsider the glove issue. now I only cook for me, family and once in a while work or friends, and just did the normal clean hands and usual home prep thing. but considering the wide time frame that low and slow can leave food in the danger zone and the issues involved with multiple meat prep ... well you know better safe than sorry.

so I invest in a box of food grade server gloves ( no latex) and of course had to try some on to make sure size fit and how much a pain in the butt they were .....

so how many other of you farkers have been on-line reading and posting .... while wearing gloves

either because you were post or pre, prep , double gloved , or just plain forgot

???

and how do you get them to fit better

reservoir tips on the fingers - isn't they way it should be , is it?

Buy the correct size or better quaity.:wink:

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17781&highlight=Nitril

I have found these to be perfect.... http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29537&highlight=purple

2vmy0dv.jpg

OK great sent off for free purple ones

and the other threat is what got me considering gloves to start with

BUT need a local supplier to make it practical

i got the large size in the one available at smart and final and looked at the ones at harbor freight ( i live a block away - i hate it and love it ) but they only had large as well - and powder inside and out - cornstarch but no NSF seal on them

if I could get a custom glove - short fingers in XL size I'd be happy but that wont happen this year

The gloves above in a large should work for you. I wear a XL but I perfer them tight and don't worry they are very sturdy and take some abuse before they split.

I'm down to five boxes in large as I use the XL for things like cleaning the gutters etc. around the house just to be rid of them.

I go through lots of gloves when prepping, cooking, and serving food. Especially if poultry is involved. Change them out all the time. Better to be safe than sorry.

I have latex gloves from Sam's. Nobody I normally cook for has any latex allergies, so that was why I pulled the trigger on them. I love 'em.

GFS is the cheapest I've found them and they fit the best. I wear them for all meat prep now.

I get the food service gloves from sams/costco. There cheap and work fine. I go through them quick.

Costco has NSF non-powdered gloves and you get two packages for the price of one box that sells at Smart & Final.

thanks to the brethren collective

Dr KY for reviving the old "get free gloves" thread I see that a few of us have taken up their offer - and form the looks of it the offer is still good

and for those that offered information for me to track down some gloves

I'll be cruising through cosco sams and walgreens to get which ever has the best price / value

Hook Line and Sinker

Back