Restaurant depot recommendations?

Trumpstylz

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I'm going to the Chicago location later today and was wondering what everyone recommends picking up. Que or non-que related.

Some of my regular purchases there include:

*5 lb bags of mozzarella cheese (which I then portion into 1-2 lb portions and vacuum seal & freeze for later) -- It's CHEAP there!

*Royal Oak Lump Charcoal - I think I pay just under $10 for a 18 lb BIG bag

*10 lb boxes of bacon is pretty cheap....portion, vacuum seal and freeze

*40 lb boxes of Jumbo chicken wings are dirt cheap there. LOTS, but again....portion and freeze.

*Full and half foil pans

*HD Foil

*Latex gloves

Then there's the ribs, butts, briskets, beef chuck ribs, and on and on and on.....

Yeah, as said....bring lots of cash or the checkbook. It's not difficult to get carried away.

DO NOT FORGET YOUR COOLERS!!!!!

Tritip if they have them! They are typically 4-5 to a cryovac. I break it down when I get home and vacusuck them individually and freeze.

Do they have choice or CAB Tritips there? The case I bought there a couple of month ago turns out were select. Boy can I taste the difference compared to the choice ones I got from Cosco.

Now I've been cooking a lot of Pot Roasts to go through that case.

Do they have choice or CAB Tritips there? The case I bought there a couple of month ago turns out were select. Boy can I taste the difference compared to the choice ones I got from Cosco.

Now I've been cooking a lot of Pot Roasts to go through that case.

I've only seen choice, but each RD district can have different stuff. The choice ones from RD are very good.

Go across the street from the RD.
Berger Brothers Charcoal Supply Co.
1186 N Cherry Ave, Chicago, IL
40Lb. bags of NatureGlo Lump for $21. :cool:

There is talk that being a Brethren will get you in but so far it is just talk :oops:

Last edited:
Like Untraceable said PAY WITH CA$H ONLY thay have a security issue with credit cards.
It helps me shop there if i have a calculator to see the piece price and or the price per pound as I don't buy cases often.
Take a jacket or sweatshirt at lease that cooler gets cold!

I just want to second what Wampus said about bringing coolers. This can't be stressed enough. I completely forgot mine the first time I went to RD; fortunately, I was only shopping for a weekend cookout and it was 20 degrees outside, so was able to throw my ribs into an insulated bag I had in the back of my pickup, but for the trips I've made since, I would have been in an awful mess if I hadn't tossed a cooler or two in the back.

I just want to second what Wampus said about bringing coolers. This can't be stressed enough. I completely forgot mine the first time I went to RD; fortunately, I was only shopping for a weekend cookout and it was 20 degrees outside, so was able to throw my ribs into an insulated bag I had in the back of my pickup, but for the trips I've made since, I would have been in an awful mess if I hadn't tossed a cooler or two in the back.

The RD I go to has insulated carry bags and an ice chest with ice bags in it in the front outside of the store to use for free.

I am not exactly how this works though

Ah. I thought those started being problematic for folks last year.

All they wanted from me was my employers tax ID (also known as the Employee ID number) they wanted a copy of that form that is filed with the IRS

I am not using tax exempt status, my profession has nothing to do wit the food industry (I work for an automotive company)

the gal did not care. All she needed was that form and now I am a member!

People dont believe me when I tell them this, but its true

Back