Mad Hunky Grilled Ahi Tuna

Dang, Jeanie! You always make something simple (not really), look damn fine!

Looks good, Daaalin'!

Thank you everyone!!
lol CD, us Okies know how to cook a wide variety of "stuff". :mrgreen:

Never had tuna steaks. Please describe the taste to this old farm kid.

Thanks!! It's really tasty if you don't overcook it. It seems to develop more of a "fishy" flavor if cooked too long. Hope you give it a go sometime!

tuna looks fantastic jeanie. love the sesame seeds on top. cooked it perfectly. yummy..... what did you good it on (grill)?

Thanks Sparky! Used the Char-Broil gasser, I was in a hurry. :mrgreen:

Bravo! :clap:

I do my tuna very similar only I use a Japanese rice seasoning called Seto fumi furikake.

DerHusker the Seto fumi furikake sounds great! I will see if I can find some..thanks!!

Jeanie, that is PERFECT! Tuna steaks are my favorite fish on the grill and you cooked it to perfection. You know, once you eat tuna cooked that way, you wonder why they are wasting such a wonder piece of meat by putting it into cans. It would be like grinding up beef tenderloin, mixing it with pork and bread crumbs and making meatballs.

Kevin you are so right!! what a waste. :grin: Thanks Friend! :)

Don't bullsh!t the Brethren Jeannie. You caught that at your favorite fishing hole on the back 40.

Looks really tasty, better than when I tried to do it. I used too much soy sauce. Looks like you nailed it.

lol Clark, don't I wish! I really do need to move closer to an ocean. I can bring beef with me. :mrgreen:
Thanks!!

Thanks again friends...

Never gave it a thought to use the Grill Grates for a flat sear, I'll add that to the trick bag.
Nice job on the Tuna!

Brian they work great with fish.. Also like to use them for bread or tortillas.
Thanks!!

There used to be an upscale restaurant in Dallas that had Chicken Fried Tuna steaks on the menu, and it was amazingly good.

CD

Looks fantastic, I love rare tuna hot seared on the grill. I make a dipping sauce of soy, mirin, and wasabi for mine.

Looks fantastic, I love rare tuna hot seared on the grill. I make a dipping sauce of soy, mirin, and wasabi for mine.

Thanks Hankdad! Your dipping sauce ingredients sound tasty. I have all of those on hand, I'll give them a try. Thanks!

Thanks Wampus!! :-D

Love the Mad Hunky rub. Never used on fish, looks great.

Pigdog this was my first taste of MH on tuna, I loved it. Thanks!

Great job miss Jeanie. Some ppl wonder how you can eat fish cooked like that. All I say is try it. Thank you for sharing with us.

That sounds good. I make a sauce of soy + sriracha to taste. I sometimes add a little rice vinegar to change things up.

Great job miss Jeanie. Some ppl wonder how you can eat fish cooked like that. All I say is try it. Thank you for sharing with us.

Ask them, if you like beef like this, then why not tuna?

IMG_3443.jpg

Back