• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

KCBS and Ray Basso

monty3777

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I recall reading in another thread that there is some sort of relationship (formal or informal) between KCBS and Ray Basso. Could someone on the board - or perhaps someone who is in the know help me understand the nature of that relationship? The context of the conversation was about having KCBS develop it's own forum so that issues related to the society could be discussed.

Any help would be appreciated.

YES the KCBS should have its own members only forum
Ray has maintained the BBQ Forum for years
I would be the first to thank him for his service
But.........It is time for a national organization to have it's own forum

KCBS Advertisments

BBQAds.com and Ray Basso has been named as the exclusive Independent Sales Agent for the Kansas City Barbeque Society Web Page. If your interested in advertising on the KCBS web page contact Ray Basso for the advertising rates for the KCBS Web Page.
Looks like MMA is handling all that now. They have the info on KCBS and the link goes to their site for info. Makes sense since they run the site.

I agree with Thom and White Dog 100%.

It's time to move forward with an official KCBS communication vehicle based on modern software. Eliminate anonymous users and segregate KCBS business posts to a members-only forum accessible only to the paid membership. Keep a public section for newbies to ask questions and such. The organization would have no problem raising a committee to provide official moderation, under the oversight of the BoD.

I agree with Thom and White Dog 100%.

It's time to move forward with an official KCBS communication vehicle based on modern software. Eliminate anonymous users and segregate KCBS business posts to a members-only forum accessible only to the paid membership. Keep a public section for newbies to ask questions and such. The organization would have no problem raising a committee to provide official moderation, under the oversight of the BoD.

We are on the same page
Lets see who gets elected this time
The KCBS Forum is a part of my platform for a 2011 run

Back