• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Sunday Dinner / Pork Loin // pr0n heavy

EX~DY

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So after pretty much just lurking around here for a few months soaking up the wealth of knowledge on all things Q, I figured it was time to actually post something; and try a couple new recipes.

Picked up a whole pork loin @ the Publix & Bill's (TK Method) Pork Loin recipe, plus I brined it Saturday night. Tryed to cut it down to around 4#, per Bill's instructions. Fired up the UVC to around 270 & in she went...

PB130021.JPG

PB130023.JPG

But thats gonna be cooking for awhile. Can't wait that long. So what to do???
PB130017.JPG

PB130018.JPG

PB130020.JPG

what any self-respecting, red-blooded carnivore would do:
MOINK balls!

PB130022.JPG

PB130024.JPG

So in the smoker with all of it. After about 2 hours we end up with...

PB130026.JPG

PB130027.JPG

PB130029.JPG

Inspired by another MOINK post on here but using just what I had at hand, I made a sauce for the MOINK...

PB130031.JPG

PB130030.JPG

I am a new convert to MOINK!

PB130034.JPG

PB130033.JPG

One of those times when sounding good just doesn't do justice. I should've made more than a dozen!

Meanwhile, in accordance with Master Bill's recipe, the loin comes out & gets foil wrapped...

PB130035.JPG

PB130036.JPG

PB130037.JPG

PB130038.JPG

Then after cooking wrapped it went into a cooler for awhile. Never would have thought of that, Great idea there, Bill!
Finally, cooked up some sides, made a gravy with the juices, sliced it up with the electric knife and the rest is history!
I didn't really anticipate it would be as tender as it was. Hence the hole in the top. No, fellow smokers, you can not simply pick it up from the top with a fork. Bonehead move on my part. Never even lifted from the foil, just crumbled.

PB130039.JPG

PB130040.JPG

PB130041.JPG

PB130042.JPG

PB130044.JPG

So thanks to all the Brethren here. Hope you enjoyed the pr0n as much as I enjoyed cooking & eating it. Now it's time for leftovers!

Excellent work all around! :clap2: Loin looks great - I have yet to do one but's it's way up on the list.

Is there anything MOINKs can't do?

Glad you decided to stop lurking and start posting, great looking food!

Nice job all around. The first rule of MOINKS is always make twice as many :)

I would never pretend to challenge a mod:hand:, but before I started I actually reviewed the MOINK rules http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=953136&postcount=1 & did not see the "doubling clause". That being said, however, I can personally attest to the unwritten validty of the aforementioned clause, despite it's unwritten state.:thumb:

All joking aside, the compliments are received with all due respect coming from such highly esteemed farkers as ya'll. The Brethren made this meal possible. I thank you, my wife thanks you & my chocolate lab thanks you (but don't tell my wife that). :pray:

Back