Troop Feed Camp Roberts

landarc

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Updating the process and thinking. Thankfully, the Guard are only calling in 2500 soldiers for this deployment. Not the original number of 7,700. Below are the numbers I am working on.

ScreenHunter_70Apr011708_zpsb4df05cd.jpg

I have reduced to one beef, one pork and one chicken. The Mac-n-cheese will serve as both side and should someone end up being Vegetarian.

I am working with Phil and Motoeric, in hopes if getting donations of food and funds, as well as a group of volunteers with cookers enough to handle this. Any comments? Numbers look right? I think I am using the numbers I have gotten here before?

How are you going to get the chicken, in pieces? If this is how you get them. I could only find a case with 16 head cut into 8 pieces. That would give you 128 pieces and you would need at least 19 cases if everyone was to get one piece. Maybe more if you don't count wings. Your pulled pork yield might be high. I usually use 50% yield. So you would need to cook 1000# of pork. I have no idea on the tri-tip.

I was using a theoretical case, based upon the number from the local Costco Business Center. The cases are really for my discussion with the base, and to determine if they can give me enough refrigerator space to hold the meat I think I need. I can up the pulled pork. I will up chicken case numbers as well. More space is better.

Does the Base you are cooking at have a commissary that gets a regular food delivery? Can you get a delivery from Sysco or the like?

you might well be amazed at the difficulty I am having getting any information from the base. Unlike last December, where a liason officer was assigned to me, this current officer seems intent on never replying. I assume he is busy.

So, I don't know what the facility is like yet, hopefully I will learn more Thursday, when the USO will meet on base with everyone

The current plan is June 14th. But, that may change on Thursday. Will keep everyone informed

you might well be amazed at the difficulty I am having getting any information from the base. Unlike last December, where a liason officer was assigned to me, this current officer seems intent on never replying. I assume he is busy.

So, I don't know what the facility is like yet, hopefully I will learn more Thursday, when the USO will meet on base with everyone

Not really amazed at the lack of response. Just like in civilian society, there are people that will work with you and people that will work against you.

About having a distributor that comes to the post. Maybe they would have a refrigerated truck you could keep the meat in until it is ready to be put on the smokers.

That is my fall back, I might even as a friend what he would charge to haul in his box, if he is in the area. I never know where he is on any day though. Long haul truckers...

Thanks Bryan, I had not even thought to look at them. That is what I should do.

Back