Veggies in Smoker

jhuyser

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations of doing some mixed fresh veggies in the smoker? ideas pics recipes etc..

You can roast them like in an oven, but I'd go light on the smoke and use high heat. Personally I find direct grilling and a marinade is best.

Get any veggies you want,make sure you cook/smoke the harder vegetables Phirst cause they take longer to get done...once done sprinkle it with salt,pepper,vinigraitte/veggie sauce.
If you Pheel really creative throw some smoked nuts on there.

Sliced potatoes, onions, peppers, zucchini, apples, carrots all mixed together in a pan with heavy olive oil, thyme, rosemary, garlic, paprika, S&P and SM Season All. Cook it till potatoes are tender.

Mix with a little olive oil and seasonings and grill in a basket. I get plenty of flavor that way. I also use lump.

I usually cook veggies (zucchini with onions and tomato or asparagus with pea pods or bok choy with onions and peppers) in a cast iron pan on the grill.

The only "vegetable" I smoke are sweet potatoes and squash. Good stuff Maynard.

thanks for all the input keep it coming.. I generally do veggies on the grill but got to thinking, hhhmmmmmm smoker

Last cook I did, I threw some veggies on towards the end and bumped my heat up to 350. Turned out pretty good with a little bit of oil and seasoning.

Get after it.... They all cook well on grills/smokers..... Some naturally take longer than others, so adjust cooking times, etc..... If you are trying to get a bunch of different veggies at the same time, I would suggest maybe pre cooking some of the ones that typically take longer before you put them all in together.... Oil & seasonings as mentioned IMO & personally I like a hotter cook/grill more than a slower "smoke" on veggies.... Just me

I prefer to grill veggies, rather than smoke them. They cook pretty fast. That doesn't mean you can't taste any smoked flavor.

Veggies are flavor sponges. You can get a lot of wood fired flavor into them in a short cook, and the hot wood fire makes the sugars in the veggies intensify.

Grilled veggies rock. I think they do best with hot and fast, myself. Others may have alternate ideas. These were eaten in minutes. Fresh vegetables cooked over a fire are as good of a meal as you can get.

picture.php

CD

Back