BBQ Brethren "La Guerre de Pommes de Terre (Battle Potato)" Throwdown!

Yep, I think I'm already whooped in this one but, I love me some taters so, I figured what the heck and did an entry anyway.
I decided to make good ole Trash Bag Taters with sausage.
To keep it short and sweet, I took this stuff.
mms_picture.jpg

Then chopped up the non-meat parts, added a bell pepper, a stick of butter, and some rub, all wrapped up together in some tinfoil.
mms_picture-1.jpg

Here it all is cooking away!
mms_picture-2.jpg

It cooked on the OTG for a good 30 minutes. I kept moving around the potatoes every 10 minutes. The Sausage was flipped but cooked indirectly the whole time. When it was all done, I tossed the potatoes into a bowl then sliced up the sausage and threw it in with the potatoes. A quick toss and voila!
mms_picture-4.jpg

Truth be told, it was pretty darn good straight out of the bowl but, a little BBQ Sauce never hurts. :becky: (Please use either of these two for my entry pic, THANKS!)
mms_picture-3.jpg

This was a nice take on a classic and was total comfort food that hit the spot.

NOT GONNA MAKE IT:

Sorry guys, been meaning to have an entry all week, but with finishing off work in the shop, trying to get the house in order so we can leave, shopping for food and Xmas treats... and with the worst pre Xmas weather on record I've just run out of time.

Anyway... looks like Gore's potato skins are better than anything I was gonna come up with ! They look awesome! Love Toms Sausage and Spuds too!

Cheers!

Bill

That is a good looking mess there Tom. I would take a plate of that, sauce on side for me as well.

Baked Potato Soup

Been a while since I posted around here, but I've been able to re-configure my priorities.

I've been waiting for an excuse to make something different on my Ceramic, just for the challenge and this throw down seemed just the thing.

For your review, I humbly present Baked Potato Soup, with potato skin garnish and fresh balsamic garden salad. The star is the soup. Sorry Gore no Eggplant.

Enjoy. I know it's a little out there for BBQ, but meh.

The overall plated picture. What?!!! Baked potato soup and Skins!

FullPlate.jpg

Here's my peeled and uncooked masses.

Peeled.jpg

And ready to boil, a little salt and pepper, diced into 1cm cubes. water to cover by 1/2 inch.

Had to use some funky Lump management techniques to be able to both boil and simmer. Simmering in a Ceramic was a special treat in frustration. Took a lot of patience, but the results were good and the flavor spoke for itself.

TemperatureControl.jpg

So the money shot, I took several, but I like this one the best. you can see the sweat on the cheese.

The soup you say, well it was creamy and potato-y. Kids loved it. I liked it. It could do with more bacon, but I'm calling it a success.

CloseUp.jpg

Yours in soup.

Mike D

All this fighting! Really guys, potatoes can live in peace and harmony. Click on this link and come right back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stw3osNnEkY

Oops, that might've been the wrong link. :becky: Try this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xYs5g4STiE

You can sing along while you read. Well, in MY house, the red and white potatoes live in peace and harmony.

I love fingerlings -- who doesn't -- and usually parboil them a bit before throwing them on the grill coated in olive oil and kosher salt.

IMG_0427.jpg

You can see they're all getting along fine there. I also do some sliced garlic in EVOO at the same time (I do segregate the garlic, cause ... you know how garlic can be).

IMG_0428.jpg

I usually keep it simple: sliced with a coating of salt crystals, roasted garlic and maybe a dollop of sour cream.

IMG_0442.jpg

See, once they're all toasted up, they get along just fine, even the garlic.

Thanks for looking.

BBQ_QB - that soup looks great. Nothing like a bowl of hot soup this time of year.

ecode - potatoes, garlic, and sour cream...hard to beat that. Looks great.

I'm sorry, I haven't been able to get past the first video ecode posted yet. I'm sure her entry was absolutely amazing (she never disappoints), along with anything else anybody posted since that, but I think I'll just watch that first video again.

I made potato gnocchi with beet greens...they were tasty. Roasted the potatoes on the kettle, no wrapping as I was trying to get the fire taste into the potatoes. Then made some gnocchi, steamed and then sauteed the greens with garlic, EVOO and a little kumqaut marmalade.
PC190456.jpg

I am both gobsmacked and impressed with you Guerry, I don't think I would have ever thought of that, then again, I would never have entered it. I give you kudos, I may even help you win with that entry.

Back